What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Do you sear your meatballs before you bake them? I do if im not feeling lazy. Makes for a nice crunch on the outside. Veal makes a fantastic meatball, enjoy. 

Good point. The bottom is always the best when baked. But frying them gives them a sear all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry, that corn is not local, unless you are in Georgia? 
No idea. You could be right. Bought it from a local farm stand just down the road but being still their off season for a lot of stuff they may have gotten it elsewhere. I do know some up this way are putting out early 60 or so day corn from greenhouses if they're a bigger farm. This was definitely early day corn. It was on the small side compared to local stuff grown here outside. It was pretty decent so fine be me wherever it came from.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

No idea. You could be right. Bought it from a local farm stand just down the road but being still their off season for a lot of stuff they may have gotten it elsewhere. I do know some up this way are putting out early 60 or so day corn from greenhouses if they're a bigger farm. This was definitely early day corn. It was on the small side compared to local stuff grown here outside. It was pretty decent so fine be me wherever it came from.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I am glad you went to a local farm stand,  that puts money right into the farmers pockets.  It’s a pet peeve of mine when sellers try to pass off non-local product as being local.  We sell every week at the local Regional Farmers Market.... we will be selling our fresh, picked from 10 miles away, local strawberries and some clown is pitching berries from California as being local too.  Wegmans is guilty of it too!    

The 60 day corn that is usually started under long rows of clear plastic is probably about 2 weeks away from first picking here in CNY  Maybe 1 week in Southern NY.  I have not heard about corn grown under a greenhouse, I suppose it is possible.  

46ca91abec1678e746666112bb4f52d5.jpg&key=c1f105e5609baced6df300be1ea6bc70059d09f4c341854274dc605ec784bddd
5695ba65eb04693ca9139562c7ba4fd7.jpg&key=add9e884cfb0e04c430d6c9c6ef0f455b2e7a8f1657fa069d34dd01b16685b1d

I was at the helm. Daughter was Sous chef. Grilled clams , Mexican street corn , Costanzas pizza sausage and strawberry gin fizz with fresh basil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of grilled clams, how long do they take on the grill?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TACC said:

Never heard of grilled clams, how long do they take on the grill?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

At medium heat about 15-20 minutes. If they don’t pop open throw them out. Two bags and they all were good. The Mexican street corn is perfect accompaniment too 

• Like 3

At medium heat about 15-20 minutes. If they don’t pop open throw them out. Two bags and they all were good. The Mexican street corn is perfect accompaniment too 

They are great on the grill. I pull when they pop open.

What’s your Mexican Street Corn Recipe?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, onlybrowning said:

Beer can chicken. My first try...came out great. Credit goes to the Genny Cream Ale’s stuffed in there. fb4e55ca5c3078c8534fffd53f49adf4.jpg

Try rubbing the chicken with mayo next time then rub spice. Mayo just adds juice aka fat ( won’t taste it. Can stuff pats of butter under the skin too . Looks great 

• Like 1