What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Looks great!  I've got casings and spices ready to go for some sausage this week too. 

I have to show you these new casings I have. They come on a plastic sleeve. They slide on the horn and then you slide them out and the. Casing stays on it’s amazing
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Chef said:

I have to show you these new casings I have. They come on a plastic sleeve. They slide on the horn and then you slide them out and the. Casing stays on it’s amazing

you use a stuffer or attachment on a grinder?  They sound like they are easier to use.  Must be the collagen ones?  I usually buy natural casings from syracuse casings- they sell them at the local price chopper.  They are packed in salt and have to rinse before use. They go quick so i usually start looking for them in August to get ready for season.  I have three containers put away.  I have an attachment on my kitchen aid that i use that works pretty well for a stuffer.  

you use a stuffer or attachment on a grinder?  They sound like they are easier to use.  Must be the collagen ones?  I usually buy natural casings from syracuse casings- they sell them at the local price chopper.  They are packed in salt and have to rinse before use. They go quick so i usually start looking for them in August to get ready for season.  I have three containers put away.  I have an attachment on my kitchen aid that i use that works pretty well for a stuffer.  

I use a stuffer and no these are natural in brine, just on a plastic tube so they slide on the horn easy. Slide the plastic over the horn, bunch the casing up, remove plastic sleeve... on in 15 seconds

5229e513d71ed9515dcbe15ea3b03050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Chef said:

I use a stuffer and no these are natural in brine, just on a plastic tube so they slide on the horn easy. Slide the plastic over the horn, bunch the casing up, remove plastic sleeve... on in 15 seconds

5229e513d71ed9515dcbe15ea3b03050.jpg

nice. Damn someone engineered with some smarts on that. 

Had a longer than normal day today, and once I got home, I smelled something that stunk GOOD. Jenn made some sort of Greek dish that was awaiting me.  Its a good life.  It has wild rice, ground beef, feta, chopped dill pickles, and a dill sour cream sauce

763F28E8-AA57-44B4-BBE2-F8EE003B4AA9.jpeg

• Like 3

Cooked up a stellar meal for my mother in laws 65th birthday.

Homemade sauerkraut and cheese potato pierogis.
Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin stuffed with basil pesto, spinach and Italian cheese blend. Roasted red pepper and tomato soup. aaedb68fa24ebc899aa73a2684e79ad6.jpg
2d2679d61dc7f9e611f0e8d1f8bc6097.jpg
d06b4e5342c508e0b7a10dbf52402185.jpg
4187b0788b75a5486ea38e2517499d0e.jpg

• Like 8