What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Made some liver mousse for the first time. Used a recipe from the meateater fish and game cookbook... and I guess if I didn't have anything else to eat haha. It wasn't terrible and it wasn't good. There's an aftertaste that doesn't seem to go away.

I'm going to try liver and onions next and then this organ stays in the woods.

IMG_0134.thumb.jpeg.2465ce45c0ccb98b33941b9dfda5cf65.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

Made some liver mousse for the first time. Used a recipe from the meateater fish and game cookbook... and I guess if I didn't have anything else to eat haha. It wasn't terrible and it wasn't good. There's an aftertaste that doesn't seem to go away.

Fresh liver sliced thin, dusted with flour, then sautéed with onions is good.  Throw those 2 on a sandwich with bacon and it’s great.  At the end of the day it’s still liver, so it will have that metallic taste that turns a lot of people off. 

• Thanks 1

johnplav had the magic word in his response. That is "fresh". Venison (and other liver) is great fresh (like the same day), o.k. the next day, and so-so on the third day. Makes great dog food after that. My wife makes venison liver "jerky" for the dogs is it does not get quickly  cooked or if it has liver flukes. We have a lot of flukes in Boonville area.

I am not a liver fan. Except liverwurst....make liverwurst 9a6e4c092859216f794317639b2bb45c.jpg9d2b8c8520e10eb2c4d4d3df5998a38a.jpg