What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Got out of work late so when I called home the kids were starving. Thank goodness for Mickey D's on the way home. Choked down a Big heart attack and some fries. Your dinner sounds much better and certainly more healthy. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Skirt steak, chicken cutlets, venison burgers, kale salad and homemade wine... Yum!

What is skirt steak?? I would guess…….uuuuuummmm… never mind,,,,, just tell me what skirt steak is. Never heard that before.

• Like 1

Leftover chicken again for me. No complaints though. The chunks of apple wood in the Weber really put that grilled chix right over the top! Having it sit in the fridge for a couple of days just made it better.

Keep up the posts folks. I'm always looking for tasty ideas.

I want to try a grilled/smoked venison meatloaf. Any thoughts?

Awww, that sounds great!

I got leftovers again.

The grilled venison meatloaf experiment turned into burgers this time. Daylight and patience fading....

Typical recipe for meatloaf: crumbs, an egg, a little worst sauce, season to taste. Make patties instead.

Not the worst burger I've ever had.

Now, that London broil thing...Need a way to do that on the grill...

Awww, that sounds great!

I got leftovers again.

The grilled venison meatloaf experiment turned into burgers this time. Daylight and patience fading....

Typical recipe for meatloaf: crumbs, an egg, a little worst sauce, season to taste. Make patties instead.

Not the worst burger I've ever had.

Now, that London broil thing...Need a way to do that on the grill...

this can be done useing alum foil

We had company last night so tonight we are having a more informal meal.... grilled Hoffman hotdogs with our home made (and grown) sweet German red cabbage and home grown broccoli.  Its been a great year for broccoli and cabbage.  For desert we will have hand picked red raspberries from my neighbor and vanilla ice cream!    A good evening to all.

• Like 1

Meatloaf, smashed potatoes, zucchini and a couple gin & tonics........... :good:

Wife is working until about 8 I think, daughter till 10:15.   

I steamed the zucchini with some onions and Italian seasoning earlier this morning in anticipation of a killer meal!  I'll start the meatloaf shortly then the taters.

We'll be eating in shifts, unfortunately but necessarily. :(  

• Like 3

Grilled up some Elk steaks my FIL gave me. I took them camping to cook over the fire but never did so on the grill they went. Low heat, red in the middle. Little salt and pepper. They were good. Had them as leftovers in my spaghetti and wow was that even tastier.

• Like 2

Venison Steaks, with garden grown pole beans and broccoli and a little chianti.  I switched my pole beans from Kentucky Wonder to Fortex two seasons ago.  The are the best green bean I have ever grown in terms of taste, size (up 11 inches long) and stay tender if you forget to pick them.  Photo below.

post-725-0-46161700-1406933898_thumb.jpg

• Like 3