What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

So, for dinner is smoked St.ouis style ribs. First time using a smoker. Came out awesome! Not quite fall off the bone, but tender as all hell, and just enough crust. Nice smoke ring to boot. Have some bacon and onion baked beans to heat up on the side in a minute here.
1477c3292012d0c42d8e7bd4d6b9e3d5.jpgdb51e4f9b124b9aae3cbd533aded3e60.jpg0f816e060fc882be85fafe38aac84c74.jpg

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Nice job rob. Did you 3-2-1 them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I did any web or cook book based method. I was up until around 5AM looking how to season the smoker, and then smoke the ribs. When you look at the WWW about this stuff, it can become mind boggling. Most of the smoker techniques are for bucket/grill smokers using indirect heat, or offset smokers. Most of the information for in-line water smokers was all over the place. One would say do this, another would say do that. I just used my knowledge of cooking low and slow over campfire coals. If I had followed the webs instructions, I would have burnt the ribs. I will be 100% honest, I expected to f^%$ this up. I didn't. 

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Strawberry butter with the popovers....chef there is a friend of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! The food is always great there. In fact, I had my rehearsal dinner there 2 nights before my wedding.