What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Backstrap cooked whole with some garlic. Cast ron is a must sear on all sides 3 minutes roast at 350 for 10 minutes. I grew up with my dad making 1 1/2 inch medallions and it isn't near as good as when the backstrap is cooked whole. Need to make room for the bear I shot today!

20171113_201616.jpg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ahi Tuna on the grill.

9f7a3c58eee8bd2e1d08219218392448.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz, you ever had tuna belly? Same cooking style just more fat and taste amazing. I think I have recommended this to you but if your up my way checkout Hudsonvalleyseafood in Monroe. Amazing FRESH quality with sustainable fishing from all over the coast. Always have great oysters as well. The fish mongers are big hunters which is nice to chat with them as well.

Biz, you ever had tuna belly? Same cooking style just more fat and taste amazing. I think I have recommended this to you but if your up my way checkout Hudsonvalleyseafood in Monroe. Amazing FRESH quality with sustainable fishing from all over the coast. Always have great oysters as well. The fish mongers are big hunters which is nice to chat with them as well.

No I haven’t. In fact that’s the first time I Grilled ahi Tuna myself. Thx for the tip!

Back to the balls for a second...why only one? As an English teacher my science is a bit lacking but I’m pretty sure there should be two of them? Anyone ever eat the deer tongue? What’s the process for extraction and cooking? Tongue was going to be my next adventurous eating but balls may trump tongue- words I never thought I would say!
vs.

• Like 1

Back to the balls for a second...why only one? As an English teacher my science is a bit lacking but I’m pretty sure there should be two of them? Anyone ever eat the deer tongue? What’s the process for extraction and cooking? Tongue was going to be my next adventurous eating but balls may trump tongue- words I never thought I would say!
vs.

I had never tried them before didn’t think it was going to be good just bought one home as a joke to mess with my nieces and nephew... I didn’t actually think everyone would try it. They all did and said If they didn’t know what it was they would have been happy to eat more lol

22 hours ago, crappyice said:

Anyone ever eat the deer tongue? What’s the process for extraction and cooking? 

My friend cut the youngest out of his buck on opening day.  He said he was going to boil it and then drop it in ice water to remove the outer layer.  Then he is going to smoke it, not sure if he will brine it first, or if it will be seasoned before or after.  He said it was detailed on a Meateater podcast. 

• Like 1