What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Headed up to The taste of Lancaster for dinner   Lots of overpriced stuff but the goat should be there 

Sucked.   Nobody from town.  So stopped at Greek place few blocks from home we’ve always wanted to stop at. Gyro which was great and only 7$.  

8949452F-A571-491F-8A4F-A6C3D00C5B78.jpeg

• Like 6

Drove down to Colorado Springs today:
The Sloppy Pig with red beans and rice. Pulled pork, kielbasa; maple smoked bacon (phenomenal!); pickles, spicy slaw, onion rings, and sweet and spicy BBQ sauce.
5860283d2abb2c73ee2a438e46a5bb90.jpg

d0bd29ee8c624a44acebe16b59480a3c.jpg

So good after hiking the Garden the Gods and driving up Pikes Peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Bionic said:

So i took beef broth,  added smoked sausage,  shrimp, broccoli, potatoes, brown rice, and added a clove of garlic left whole, and simmered it all like a soup.  Something different.  

20180812_181129.jpg

Creative and sounds really good   I’d top with a dash of Siracha for the win 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Creative and sounds really good   I’d top with a dash of Siracha for the win 

Thanks TF! It was good, like I said something different.  Honestly,  not quite as flavorful as I was expecting, but a good meal none the less.  I never really used siracha, so it never crossed my mind.  

11 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Banana mayo? Do tell.

Perfect accompaniment to jerk chicken n grilled pineapple.  Smush up a banana in bowl and add maybe a tablespoon of mayo and stir. Might have to add a smidge more mayo. Probably 85% banana 15% mayo ratio 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mrs TF stopped at Wegmans on way home from work Crab stuffed banana peppers , lobster Mac n cheese , sausage, veggie focaccia 5ee63a7d7fe4c5fad9d8cd09d75916cf.jpg

I have always wanted to try lobster mac n cheese, but I would have to have it from a restaurant.  I would not be able to put fresh lobster in mac n cheese myself, I would have such a hard time lol.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 3

I have always wanted to try lobster mac n cheese, but I would have to have it from a restaurant.  I would not be able to put fresh lobster in mac n cheese myself, I would have such a hard time lol.

With your skills you shouldn’t trust a restaurant to give you your first lobster Mac and cheese

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Mrs TF stopped at Wegmans on way home from work Crab stuffed banana peppers , lobster Mac n cheese , sausage, veggie focaccia 5ee63a7d7fe4c5fad9d8cd09d75916cf.jpg

All that right there is just good!  nice.  Price Chopper here in town also makes a good lobsta mac and cheese.  BUT I am trying to lose some poundage here.......

I did get the ingredients to make that carribean jerk chicken, pineapple and banana mayo sandwich - it intrigued me - something different.  

• Like 1