What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

On 8/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Rob... said:

Golumpki. I love these things, but not easy to make.31285e75db74ec213357a4fa43c27fd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That has been one of my favorite meals for a long time.  My mom makes them like that, all rolled up neatly with ground beef.  My wife, who lacks the patience for that, makes them even better: lazy-style with ground venison.   The lazy-style ones are a lot easier and faster to make, and also easier and faster to eat.  "Lazy-style" is with the same ingredients, just all mixed up in the pan rather than rolled up.  For those of us not too hung up on "presentation", lazy-style is the way to go.   

She made a good dinner tonight: back-strap sliced up thin and cooked medium rare, with sides of acorn squash, garlic mashed potatoes, and fresh silver-queen sweet corn.    

No pic but venison tacos(hard and soft) were on the menu last night with some fresh guacamole. We even tried the Taco Bell chalupa thingy-stuffed hard shell taco inside a soft shell taco which had cheese and meat- engineering is solid- the soft hold the broken hard shell together after first bite - allows for all the lettuce you want BIO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Late lunch/early dinner- not sure yet

Last of the venison corned beef kraut, Russian dressing; spicy mustard on rye

b3ca5a38630c33e6b8cdacfa74a5d48f.jpg

That’s my favorite way to eat the corned venison!  That and the corned hash you made too.

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sausage and peppers on a ciabatta roll.  Local corn with butter and buffalo flavor shaker on it.  

rps20180824_175645.jpg

Sidedoor deli down the street from us ran the Jamaican jerk chicken, banana mayo pineapple ring as a special today as per my suggestion yesterday  Saw the owner at Tops early this morning   You make it yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Sidedoor deli down the street from us ran the Jamaican jerk chicken, banana mayo pineapple ring as a special today as per my suggestion yesterday  Saw the owner at Tops early this morning   You make it yet?

Making it next weekend when the GF is over.  Def on my radar.  Got some Jamaican jerk marinade and boneless chicken in the freezer, can of pineapple rings.   Prob have on a ciabatta roll.  

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

No pic but venison tacos(hard and soft) were on the menu last night with some fresh guacamole. We even tried the Taco Bell chalupa thingy-stuffed hard shell taco inside a soft shell taco which had cheese and meat- engineering is solid- the soft hold the broken hard shell together after first bite - allows for all the lettuce you want BIO

When you say "BIO" is that short for Bionic,  lol seeing as how you were talking about lettuce...xd

• Like 1