What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Many recipes say boil. I just cant do it. Smoking sounds real good. I will try roasting one rubbed with mustard and may try sous verde on other.  

I boiled mine last year and was pleasantly surprised- ate it mostly cold, sliced thin as sammich meat on rye, good mustards and some Cole slaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just did the same. My only advice is err on the side of longer rather than shorter in the brine. I had an 1/8 slice in the thick part of the roast that the brine didn't make it's way too. Didn't effect the taste at all, you just had a little piece of gray meat.

I did mine in the slow cooker with beer and broth equal parts to cover the roast. Started with just onions, then added carrots with about two hrs left and cabbage with one hour left. Came out great.

Throwing in the smoker is my next mission. Good luck and post picks. Great way to mix up cooking a roast.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Do tell...I can’t wrap my head around what that means?

Its an old time soup made wit ground beef potatoes onions carrots and what ever else for veggies I would add corn but the wife won't eat with corn.Can also be done as a vegetable soup.

• Like 5

Venison Wellington, mashed root veggies Brussels w/pancetta ,roasted carrots washed down with one of my favorite local pils 875bfed6bd05ac80725a5e7b7f3af46a.jpg&key=44a12a5bb9b5e4f4768d6ce1e5d99add70088d22611bee193c326d8aa168c829

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Who ever cooked that is on point!

• Like 1