philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How did the sea snails taste ?

Taste a lot like lobster tale especially when you dip them in butter  delicious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Taste a lot like lobster tale especially when you dip them in butter  delicious. 

Lobster tail  :)

• Like 1

Looky what my local Tops had for a isle display!

A taste of South Africa in every bite. (Nando's famous SA chicken fast food chain in several countries) 

A Mopane fire would make life perfect.

20190526_092818.jpg

• Like 1

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

I bought a new pan, carbon steel. Back strap was very very tender! 

Screenshot_20190528-180500.png

Screenshot_20190528-180517.png

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Looky what my local Tops had for a isle display!

A taste of South Africa in every bite. (Nando's famous SA chicken fast food chain in several countries) 

A Mopane fire would make life perfect.

20190526_092818.jpg

Can you describe the taste?

7 minutes ago, Paula said:

Can you describe the taste?

Its a Peri Peri sauce made with these little tiny chile peppers that are always for sale on street corners dried......some garlic/onions/lemon backround. I think its somewhat on the sweet side but has more flavors then typical hot sauce ; designed for chicken thats grilled. Its not just adding heat.

My first stop on any trip into southern Africa is a Nandos for a 1/2 chicken, chips (french fries), and a Smirnoff ice made with vodka.

Til next year when I can eat the real thing, doing my own will have to do.

• Like 1

Give it a name, apply human sentiment, and its no longer a wild animal its a Disney character.

Breakfast lunch dinner wrapped up into 2 small morels 555006919632573cb20175e71197e145.jpg sautéed lightly in butter. So good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Its a Peri Peri sauce made with these little tiny chile peppers that are always for sale on street corners dried......some garlic/onions/lemon backround. I think its somewhat on the sweet side but has more flavors then typical hot sauce ; designed for chicken thats grilled. Its not just adding heat.

My first stop on any trip into southern Africa is a Nandos for a 1/2 chicken, chips (french fries), and a Smirnoff ice made with vodka.

Til next year when I can eat the real thing, doing my own will have to do.

Sounds good

Sounds good

24cd55d4cf70fb95027455fb0f3ba41f.jpgNot bad for a Tuesday night II... homemade short rib lo mein

• Like 7

Lunch at work. Grilled turkey, candied bacon , cranberry herb mayo, provolone on wheat berry bread 53d2afceb672cb227ac9da2d2c24fb41.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lunch at work. Grilled turkey, candied bacon , cranberry herb mayo, provolone on wheat berry bread 53d2afceb672cb227ac9da2d2c24fb41.jpg

TF that is stellar!  Damn you live right - except its at work instead of at home with a good beer i suppose.  but nice!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That looked so good.I decided to make Tuna melts topped with bacon for dinner.

• Like 1

The Mermaid is an old farm girl and has always talked about the codfish gravy her Mom used to make and serve over bisquits or taters...I had never had it, and hesitated to try it because salt cod ( which used to be dirt cheap) is now $10  a pound...

I finally decide d to bite the bullet and try it...Looked up several recipes on the net and fixed some tonite...

IT SUCKED  !!   Could be that I screwed it up, but I'll never try it again....

Besides that, it left the kitchen smelling like a Saigon whorehouse....Of course that is not necessarily a BAD thing....Hehehe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Still working on an all day ipa for dinner haha.prob a ham sammich n chips.busy finishing up packing for the move friday or saturday!

The Mermaid is an old farm girl and has always talked about the codfish gravy her Mom used to make and serve over bisquits or taters...I had never had it, and hesitated to try it because salt cod ( which used to be dirt cheap) is now $10  a pound...
I finally decide d to bite the bullet and try it...Looked up several recipes on the net and fixed some tonite...
IT SUCKED  !!   Could be that I screwed it up, but I'll never try it again....
Besides that, it left the kitchen smelling like a Saigon whorehouse....Of course that is not necessarily a BAD thing....Hehehe...

Mabel’s House of Horrors

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Tuna , chopped up cherry peppers , hard boiled eggs , provolone, anchovies, dash of red wine vinegar on ciabatta bread a7fec924d4bcb54e955e33bf3f39d062.jpg

• Like 3

Made Mac and cheese with little smokies in it and added in some Nundas horseradish/Caraway mustard and put it in the smoker. Yum.  

IMG_20190530_121721118.jpg

IMG_20190530_122339483.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

Meatloaf smashed red tators and green beans.

• Like 3