What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Last night took rest of straps...sauteed onion,garlic and red peppers and added the cubed venison justed to medium rare with a bit of sea salt and fresh ground peper...corn, & beans  from the garden and  home frys from tators Mr B brought home from camp....Wow so glad I took that deer...no gamey taste on him.....

Oh that reminded me...I need to make cubed steaks!,,,,

I have Sunday lunch at my folks' house quite often.

Guess what my dear old Italian momma served yesterday. ;-]

Come on Philoshop, any Italian knows that aint lunch. Sunday afternoon meals for Italians is lunch and dinner all rolled into one..lol..the spaghetti, meatballs (both in the sauce and fried), neck bone, sausage, bread etc. or in your case a nice lasagna. .yummy..love those old school Italian mamas. Memories that never fade. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Come on Philoshop, any Italian knows that aint lunch. Sunday afternoon meals for Italians is lunch and dinner all rolled into one..lol..the spaghetti, meatballs (both in the sauce and fried), neck bone, sausage, bread etc. or in your case a nice lasagna. .yummy..love those old school Italian mamas. Memories that never fade. Enjoy.

And a plate of hot peppers to share at every meal, including breakfast. :rolleyes:

If Chianti had come in a juice box in the 1960's...

• Like 1

OOPs , my bad I thought the package was from the buck and doe shop, but now I see it's from the deer shop. they are even closer! i'm curious, i didn't know they did hot dogs. I'll have to give them a call.

the buck n doe have good jalapeño cheese dogs but girls and I all agree these from deer shoppe are better yet
  • Like 2

And a plate of hot peppers to share at every meal, including breakfast. :rolleyes:

If Chianti had come in a juice box in the 1960's...

Oh yes the stuffed hot peppers with breadcrumbs, Dont forget the home made wine, olives, cheese and dried salamies (btw my fathers 77 yrs old. and still makes homemade cheese and olives). My father goes to the dairy farmer by our cabin and gets unpasteurized milk fresh from the stainless steel vats so he can make his homemade cheese and ragotta. Unfortunately its a dying craft.

• Like 1

That will be our Christmas eve dinner...Good bread, wine, big tossed veggie salad with a large many layered sausage lasgana....blueberry(ours) and apple pies with homemade ice cream....

That sounds good! Sure do miss family holiday dinners back home ... But it helps my waste line missing out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best dinner ever. Went with my folks to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary For you Erie County folk : Ripa's restaurant in Lancaster. It used to be a school when they first met 77 years ago. Mom was 12 and Pop was 14. It's now and has been a restaurant for many years. Both folks are in great health , wits about them, dad still drives and better than most. Love them so much When daughter was first born I was worried she may never get to know them as they were getting older. Daughter now 13 and they've all shared so much. I never met any of my grandparents as they passed before I was 1. Having a few tears shed right now. They bring so much joy to each other and everyone around. Love you Mom and Pop

post-4567-0-70172700-1449712803_thumb.jp

• Like 8

Best dinner ever. Went with my folks to celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary For you Erie County folk : Ripa's restaurant in Lancaster. It used to be a school when they first met 77 years ago. Mom was 12 and Pop was 14. It's now and has been a restaurant for many years. Both folks are in great health , wits about them, dad still drives and better than most. Love them so much When daughter was first born I was worried she may never get to know them as they were getting older. Daughter now 13 and they've all shared so much. I never met any of my grandparents as they passed before I was 1. Having a few tears shed right now. They bring so much joy to each other and everyone around. Love you Mom and Pop

Awesome!I never had the chance tt know my Grandma's But did enjoy some time seeing my Grandpa's.Mom past in 1987 and my Dad in 2001.sure is not easy.We have to enjoy every day we can with our Moms Dads or family.The picture taken should be a gift for your children when they get married.

• Like 1