What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

My first attempt at smoking were these Pheasant I shot on a hunt a few weeks ago. I smoked them on a gas grill after reading up and mostly my own ideas, I used hickory wood because it was either that or Mesquite which was what I had on hand, but overcooked them a tad. Learned a bunch on my first try and since I am going bird hunting again this weekend I get to try smoking again with the knowledge garnered from my first foray. The birds had a nice flavor to them but I might try Pecan or Apple wood with a shorter cooking time and using a meat thermometer.

Yikes the pic is crooked. Makes them look worse than they tasted.

IMG_7823.thumb.JPG.7b187f77658e1a6f9d44dee40692653e.JPG

Edited by nycredneck
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Yes sir...no other variety comes close to parsley and cheese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you make your own or have it processed?  Always looking for a new recipe.  I really have to make breakfast and jalapeño every year but that sounds good for sure.  

Tonites thread is a sausage fest!  Lol

• Haha 1

Do you make your own or have it processed?  Always looking for a new recipe.  I really have to make breakfast and jalapeño every year but that sounds good for sure.  
Tonites thread is a sausage fest!  Lol

Clearly you missed my epic fails of venison sausage on other threads. We find the best cheese and parsley from Stew Leonard’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

First attempt at knockoff Yelling Goat Berbere wings.....I give myself a 3 on presentation but an 8 on taste.....wife and daughter wanted traditional buffalo too.

71ede26efc06d8ef614085974ef5c0b0.jpg

It will be fun to try again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 6