What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Lazy ribs. Just threw a couple pieces of hickory on the burner and cooked indirect heat at 325 for a couple hours. Then wrapped and cooked for another couple hours. Still came out tender and delicious.f2e61c5c44ddcb5fdf5d8fbf7eff8cc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Gotta eat a vegetable..lol .cmon ,

in open foil with Italian dressing and hot pepper it's a summer winner on the grill.  

I like them grilling baskets for the grill , same deal with the italian dressing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Man that looks sweet!!
Any neighbors houses up for sale!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only way fish is better is for a shore lunch.  Which we do on our trip in sept.  

And as soon as you move in next door stop over for a beer and some fish fry!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Real dinner 51f97fb2ff8f0ad32b3c49d88e3f51b9.jpgWith some Teds hot sauce and pickle Spears of course

Had to look up this Ted's hot sauce and I am intrigued.  Not from the buffalo area so never heard of it.   Going to order some to go with some Hoffman's dogs. 

• Like 1

Went up to camp this weekend. 

Made homemade beef jerky with Lem's backwoods original! 

Homemade taco wontons no lettuce!  Just taco meat n cheese! I know, i am a rebel lol

Homemade tater skins with bacon topped with sour cream, and hot sauce.

20180526_182816.jpg

20180527_193446.jpg

20180527_193926.jpg

20180527_203232.jpg

• Like 6

I did a 14 hour pork shoulder for pulled pork no pics. Also smoked some chicken legs and finished in the grill brushed with a garlic and honey mix. Came out very well.

What kind of smoker do you use?im looking into getting one

My dad, and girlfriend spent the weekend there at camp as previously mentioned.   Well my girlfriend's dad gave us 2 pounds of Maine moose burger, and a pound of cubed moose steaks! I have wanted to try moose for a good 5-10 years, so this was very much a huge treat, especially since Maine is where I go every summer for vacation,  to see moose, and get away from society.  I decided to bring up a pound of the moose burger, and make moose sliders for the 3 of us.  Oh my god, it is unbelievable how clean moose tastes.  All 3 of us were in awe....my dad had moose, and caribou years back, so he knew how much he enjoys moose.  Anyways, here is Saturdays pics.  Just simple,  salt, pepper,  pinch of minced garlic, and a pinch of diced onion, and slowly grilled, with a pinch of shredded cheese.

Very much a treat, and it meant a lot.

20180526_195629.jpg

20180526_224710.jpg

20180526_202447.jpg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Maine moose draw is in a couple of weeks.  One of these years it's gonna be my turn!  Would love to have 400 lbs of moose meat.

Please invite me for a meal,  lol.  I was blown away by it, may not seem like a big deal to some, but it was very special to me.

• Like 1

What kind of smoker do you use?im looking into getting one

I have a couple. A propane WSM and an electric Masterbuilt elite. The electric is the cats ass as I do not need to wake up every couple hours to check the temps.
Neither is a traditional though with the offset smokebox and all that. That is my next toy.

I have a couple. A propane WSM and an electric Masterbuilt elite. The electric is the cats ass as I do not need to wake up every couple hours to check the temps.
Neither is a traditional though with the offset smokebox and all that. That is my next toy.

I’m looking into a trager. I think we’re having a tag sale. Proceeds go toward the smoker

My dad, and girlfriend spent the weekend there at camp as previously mentioned.   Well my girlfriend's dad gave us 2 pounds of Maine moose burger, and a pound of cubed moose steaks! I have wanted to try moose for a good 5-10 years, so this was very much a huge treat, especially since Maine is where I go every summer for vacation,  to see moose, and get away from society.  I decided to bring up a pound of the moose burger, and make moose sliders for the 3 of us.  Oh my god, it is unbelievable how clean moose tastes.  All 3 of us were in awe....my dad had moose, and caribou years back, so he knew how much he enjoys moose.  Anyways, here is Saturdays pics.  Just simple,  salt, pepper,  pinch of minced garlic, and a pinch of diced onion, and slowly grilled, with a pinch of shredded cheese.
Very much a treat, and it meant a lot.
20180526_195629.thumb.jpg.c38888b07927c65e14501c2904e1f273.jpg
20180526_224710.thumb.jpg.eafc33aa887fba0f6f213e3482056438.jpg
20180526_202447.thumb.jpg.73a9e2b53a98987013ad377ac75b22ee.jpg

I’ve tasted a lot of game and moose is one of the tops. Sitka May be the only one I would say is better. And a 60 pound Sitka to a 800 pound moose well enough said lol!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, crappyice said:

BIONIC Philly venison cheesesteak (minus the cheese) with browned onions and vinegared oyster mushrooms ...the lettuce made it!!!

f807675eccd27fe737ef632eda5f6bd9.jpg

Haha,  I love it! See it doesn't take much lettuce to rock your world. 

I am appalled at no cheese though...you should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh, and I don't do fungus, but I can let that slide though! 

You had more than one right? Or are you watching your girly figure? 

Edited by Bionic

No Pics, my apologies.  We had a last minute BBQ at home.  Cooked a lamb leg roast on a rotisserie (over propane grill) and marinated chicken breasts using an herb dressing we bought in Toronto.  Also had my first taste of Costanzas Sausage (from Webster, NY). We drove by it on the way to our friends Mom’s funeral and I knew we would be stopping by on the way home.  Loaded up pretty good on the meat varieties, but they will be all gone with the next couple of weeks.  Definitly planning a detour there anytime we head west.   I did join the “Venison Mailing List”. 

• Like 2