What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I don’t think a reputable place would pull a stunt like this. Scallops are a distinct taste/texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not that common any more but this used fk happen way wore then you would think

Good quality scallops won't shrink a whole bunch when cooked   If they do they had a lot of water added.

Yes that is correct they are soaked in a solution of tripolyphosphates. They will shrink when cooked, not brown when seared and they have a off almost chemical like taste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yup this used to be common practice even in some high end restaurants. Skate and a ring mold

My Dad was a chef and i remember one time he called out a restaurant we were at for this.  He told the chef that his scallops were fish and the chef said he ordered them as scallops.  My dad even knew where he got them from and told him scallops shouldnt flake like fish and what texture they should be etc.  We left there and didnt go back.  

We used to go to some restaurants and they would ask him to come back in the kitchen to show them how to prepare something - he was always more than happy to help out, he loved it.    

• Like 2

It’s a Bionic homemade rub   Had it on venison cube steak yesterday and today too. Excellent I gotta say. 

Is it a super secret recipe? Does it require a password or a secret handshake like something from the Loyal order of Water Buffalos?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Moho81 said:

Is it a super secret recipe? Does it require a password or a secret handshake like something from the Loyal order of Water Buffalos?

TF sent me Mighty Taco Hot sauce! I had to send back a thank you gift :D

First time I had it was like what is that  a meal from fear factor but once you taste it  you change your mind real fast it's really good .  Chinese noodles sour cream   chopped chicken   mushrooms soup chicken soup Chinese vegetable and cheddar cheese are the main ingredients. 

Edited by Storm914