What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

42 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Did that have the berbere seasoning in it? I got a jar of berbere seasoning from Penzey's spices and I have been trying it in a bunch of dishes. Lentil beef soup sounds like my next instant pot recipe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes it did. It was second time I’ve had this soup. There will be a third time I’m sure 

Best burgers in town. I sucked down many a dollar draft there in my younger days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pipers Kilt has always been a mainstay in my family- I remember Tuesday’s in the summer would also be PK night with bunches of families after swimming at Lake Isle(Regina was always our server); it was everyone’s first date restaurant in HS; when I bought my house and was cleaning up and painting my wife and I spent every night there for dinner(come as you are- paint covered and all); Pete the bartender was one of the first to know my wife was pregnant because she asked for a seltzer instead of her normal Chardonnay as he brought over my dry beefeater martini which he made perfectly.
Consistency was what they served best with their burger and it is still close to what it was then but like so many other things their burger has changed- price being the biggest change-$18 Eastchester burger last night-that’s DOUBLE what it always was!?!
Still, being there last night with just one of my sons (on his request) brought back all the memories and worth every penny.
Food memory lane complete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pipers Kilt has always been a mainstay in my family- I remember Tuesday’s in the summer would also be PK night with bunches of families after swimming at Lake Isle(Regina was always our server); it was everyone’s first date restaurant in HS; when I bought my house and was cleaning up and painting my wife and I spent every night there for dinner(come as you are- paint covered and all); Pete the bartender was one of the first to know my wife was pregnant because she asked for a seltzer instead of her normal Chardonnay as he brought over my dry beefeater martini which he made perfectly.
Consistency was what they served best with their burger and it is still close to what it was then but like so many other things their burger has changed- price being the biggest change-$18 Eastchester burger last night-that’s DOUBLE what it always was!?!
Still, being there last night with just one of my sons (on his request) brought back all the memories and worth every penny.
Food memory lane complete!

Pete is the best. My father taught one of his brothers in high school so we had a good connection. Many a night we closed down the bar with him and Kevin. Are they still working there? Last time I was there was probably 15 years ago.

Pete is the best. My father taught one of his brothers in high school so we had a good connection. Many a night we closed down the bar with him and Kevin. Are they still working there? Last time I was there was probably 15 years ago.

Neither Pete or Kevin we’re there....I’m nervous that Pete fell ill a while back but don’t quote me on that