What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Looks like some of those fillets from your fishing trip made it quick to the grill!  Nice.  Did you try smoking any? 

Fresh never frozen lol. I’m not a big smoked meat fan so I don’t even own a smoker.

These where seasoned with salt,pepper and dill with a touch of lemon and olive oil. They came out perfect. Even the kids devoured them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Lunch. The willie green from side door deli. Shaved steak , stuffed banana peppers with 5 cheese , mozzarella and light mayo d57746f7795d868cc6d6bd2919bbceb7.jpg&key=8e23f3a3ce8643c1ce515827412135efa860cf2ce16bb113be70a336f910d98a

Excuse my while I whip this out!

• Haha 3

On 4/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, Paula said:

I picture tooken.... I started Crock-Pot 6 this morning. Neck roast, I was going to do gravy and potatoes but ended up doing Kimmel rolls. So so good, meat just melted away

IMG_20190429_173945326_BURST000_COVER.jpg

I have been wanting to try a neck roast for several years, but it never worked out.  I always forget about it, on the first deer or two every year.  The late season ones often got shot in the neck, destroying the roast.    Everyone says they are so good.   I finally managed to save one from a big button buck that I killed with my crossbow last fall, so I might have to try it this weekend.  My wife did not seem to excited about it when I asked her to cook it.  She will be out of state on a big shopping trip this weekend, so it might be a perfect chance for me to give it a try.  I ain't much of a cook, but I can manage the crock-pot.       

15 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bought this at westside market in Cleveland few days ago. Smoked on apple chips. Bought the hot version and offered perfect heat. ee581d7454275a42116c22ec755d7cea.jpg9bb86181aa824f4338f1f11c6e8ee776.jpg05fcc6bf27e7e0c0f3c7123307649889.jpg

I've made these a few times always good. Also can take the ground mix and cut an onion in half and wrap it in the 1/2 onion shells and then wrap with bacon.  Good stuff.  

37 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I have been wanting to try a neck roast for several years, but it never worked out.  I always forget about it, on the first deer or two every year.  The late season ones often got shot in the neck, destroying the roast.    Everyone says they are so good.   I finally managed to save one from a big button buck that I killed with my crossbow last fall, so I might have to try it this weekend.  My wife did not seem to excited about it when I asked her to cook it.  She will be out of state on a big shopping trip this weekend, so it might be a perfect chance for me to give it a try.  I ain't much of a cook, but I can manage the crock-pot.       

I love the neck meat, this one was a big buck from last year. Allways so tender. I add gravy master to give it a bit of beef taste, I think that helps with the gravy. Tomorrow I will make the gravy and have it on  noodles or potatoes