philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bear bacon in the skillet. Thanks Gman. On toast , lettuce with tiny bit of mayo when done. 671fe8c070449f1b2bec32f123cbab59.jpg99aa7da721b89718335d0fcc335f8316.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could somebody smarter then me explain this? Looks great.

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bear bacon in the skillet. Thanks Gman. On toast , lettuce with tiny bit of mayo when done. 671fe8c070449f1b2bec32f123cbab59.jpg99aa7da721b89718335d0fcc335f8316.jpg

Awesome 

Could somebody smarter then me explain this? Looks great.

My guess ... ground bear with pork fat shot though a jerky gun(?) then smoked a little (?)

Scalloped potatoes and ham, for me and The Mermaid on Mother's Day....Damn good as leftovers tomorrow also... I can't ever seem to make a small batch...

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Let’s go!!!!

Loving the stone! Making another pie in a couple hours, so much easier than a cookie sheet I always used, its like a miracle product lol

1a5de43ba44f86ff4528e3605963058e.jpg Rain be damned... if Mama wants grilled chicken today, she’ll get it

• Like 6

Tried an aging kit. Did a small rib roast. Raining so I cooked one in the cast iron then to the oven to finish it off. It wasn’t bad but to me it’s not worth the wait. I’d rather have a 28 hour old steak then a 28 day. Just me
55e84aae6ab8582ceec139716d4f7acb.jpgbae19475cee245c7447d5bfdf3705184.jpg
e6fa3dc563c3857d8610cb7a0c6614d3.jpg
I have to kits left if anyone wants to give it a shot. All you need is the meat,vacuum sealer and a refrigerator.

• Like 3

Seafood Pig
305f8f940722a278d4a9e3beb9a7836a.jpg&key=961cf04d6c7da01e37dd4bf4413a1fc4b2d997e098b83757f9ae8c18199e2e87

What is that it looks yummy!!!

I made an “Italian Pot Roast” with a venison neck I had in the freezer.   Sorry, no pics, but it did happen.  I will tell you what: I will never, never, ever use the neck for grind or anything else. It was awesome!!  Both wife and daughter loved it and they knew where on the deer it came from!  

• Like 5

I made an “Italian Pot Roast” with a venison neck I had in the freezer.   Sorry, no pics, but it did happen.  I will tell you what: I will never, never, ever use the neck for grind or anything else. It was awesome!!  Both wife and daughter loved it and they knew where on the deer it came from!  
It's a great cut. Not sure of the recipe for an Italian pot roast but all my necks end up in the crock pot for a pot roast. It is very underrated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

Tried an aging kit. Did a small rib roast. Raining so I cooked one in the cast iron then to the oven to finish it off. It wasn’t bad but to me it’s not worth the wait. I’d rather have a 28 hour old steak then a 28 day. Just me
55e84aae6ab8582ceec139716d4f7acb.jpgbae19475cee245c7447d5bfdf3705184.jpg
e6fa3dc563c3857d8610cb7a0c6614d3.jpg
I have to kits left if anyone wants to give it a shot. All you need is the meat,vacuum sealer and a refrigerator.

What is the kit? I enjoy dry aging, sorry you didn't

13 minutes ago, Paula said:

What is the kit? I enjoy dry aging, sorry you didn't

it's a bag and a vacuum mouse[?] 

I bought a vacuum sealer from umai and got to pick two kits,I'm going to try the charcuterie kit next.

https://www.drybagsteak.com/dry-aging-beef-directions.php

Your more then welcome to the aged kits

Moooooore!
sausage, garlic, ricotta, etc 
186EF355-2D96-44FD-A607-FF7C6AFDE9B0.thumb.jpeg.039f99b2dfcc4d848c3624ee597b3dd1.jpeg
3A236835-A695-4CB6-A5E7-A7870C3013A3.thumb.jpeg.3e407e3298940b0c85f5035c7a727823.jpeg

A suggestion for the future- roasted garlic paste as the base of a white pizza (Mozz and ricotta). Cut the pointy ends off three heads of garlic - put cut ends up in a foil square; drizzle olive oil; fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Fold pouch and put in toaster over (450) for 15- 20 minutes or until mushy. Let cool- squeeze out the garlic; mash it up and thin with more oil and even some water until consistency of chunky BBQ sauce. Spread your dough and then with the back of spoon spread the paste like a sauce but use a lot less than tomato sauce. Make sure to hit the crust with the garlic paste.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

A suggestion for the future- roasted garlic paste as the base of a white pizza (Mozz and ricotta). Cut the pointy ends off three heads of garlic - put cut ends up in a foil square; drizzle olive oil; fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt. Fold pouch and put in toaster over (450) for 15- 20 minutes or until mushy. Let cool- squeeze out the garlic; mash it up and thin with more oil and even some water until consistency of chunky BBQ sauce. Spread your dough and then with the back of spoon spread the paste like a sauce but use a lot less than tomato sauce. Make sure to hit the crust with the garlic paste.

I like where you are taking me with this!  We love white pie, i have not gone all out with the garlic prep you describe, but I am open minded, and will try it! Thank you.  I am still experimenting with the temps/times though, so one step at a time....but omg this stone is just beyond amazing 

PS this was not a white pie by the way, incase you thought so.  Just dollops of ricotta nom noms

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

It's a great cut. Not sure of the recipe for an Italian pot roast but all my necks end up in the crock pot for a pot roast. It is very underrated.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

It’s in Hank Shaw’s cookbook “Buck, Buck, Moose”.  I don’t see it online.  

What is that it looks yummy!!!

071fa240e35fb548cd43adb3667cc40b.jpg

Snack at Lock 1 Distillery

• Like 2

Brined and smoked turkey came out fantastic. My electric smoker went kaputzki on the last hour so it hit the oven for that. Rain and a crap plastic cover over touch panel no bueno!
17c7738ce906324d595f0ea8df200917.jpg

• Like 1

The crab poppers were good but I like my bbq style ones better.

ad4f4d4d9af9cd8705629e48cf1e90bd.jpg

• Like 4