philoshop

What's for dinner tonight?

13 hours ago, crappyice said:

You sir are better than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not his pal 

Until that post have to say I have never heard of pupa salad.  

3 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

Another favorite of mine.. French toast!

Frenchtoast-001.jpg

Mmm, haven't had that in a long time 

• Like 1

Last night at Cathedrale in East Village

Steak tartar, baquet (with rotisserie chicken drippings not pictured), langoustine, grilled oyster mushrooms, rotisserie chicken, diver scallops with black truffles, and apple stuffed beignets.

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5504.jpg

IMG_5635.jpg

IMG_5637.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

• Like 6

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Costanzas venison cheddar bologna , with onions fried on homemade bread from a friend. Hot n sour soup with pork n shrooms , pumpkin breakfast cookies. What a lunch ! df243f90f19f931c5002e7639068b707.jpg17f1048ffbb6003476a0251a5769acc2.jpg

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Costanzas venison cheddar bologna , with onions fried on homemade bread from a friend. Hot n sour soup with pork n shrooms , pumpkin breakfast cookies. What a lunch ! df243f90f19f931c5002e7639068b707.jpg17f1048ffbb6003476a0251a5769acc2.jpg

that sammich looks killer!!!!!!    but need info on pumpkin breakfast cookies.... what be those?

1 hour ago, NockednLoaded said:

@Elmo Out of curiosity what would a dinner for two with drinks like that cost? Curious- looks delicious 

We ordered 4 apps, 2 entrees, and 3 drinks.  Bill was $215, not counting tip.  For 2 it was a lot of food.  We didn't clean the plates.

That being said, The Tao Group which owns several similar restaurants and night clubs around the world is known for the grand venues, ambience, and décor but to me, their food is good but you can also find better food elsewhere.  Cathedrale is their newest location.  It opened around 3 months ago so we wanted to try it.  It specializes in French cuisines.  Tao Uptown is to me still their best visual location in the city.  It's cuisine is Asian Fusion.

• Like 3

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

Now that deer season is over I will be back to cooking regularly!! I did do a fantastic spatchcocked smoked 15 pound turkey Sunday that was well received. Had it in brine it for 3 days prior. Man it was good.

Sorry no pics.

Doing some wild hog tonight.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve D said:

Are those "buck nutts"?? :umbrage:

They were nice and warm.  :taunt:

• Haha 1

NRA Lifetime member.

93fc78cebfb21ec91924122cac2d03e5.jpg

Wife gifted me a big 10 tray dehydrator for Christmas. It was very nice being able to do a whole 5 pound batch all at once.

First batch with this years deerz

• Like 4

This is what 1 pound of pasta (dressed as Mac and cheese) looks like after my boys eat - grandma had a small dish and I had a little before running back to a school meeting.
b85cc03ed0f91031d768cfb45ec44469.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is what 1 pound of pasta (dressed as Mac and cheese) looks like after my boys eat - grandma had a small dish and I had a little before running back to a school meeting.
b85cc03ed0f91031d768cfb45ec44469.jpg&key=c9d4e3fbe18d0d3aa844dfb95f12621321f506c9001065790ffafbabfde8ca9c

1lb each I hope.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

6c7f3d60dc51fe6984aae32ca3fac79f.jpg29146cae2300ac162581c260c3bed4ee.jpg

How are these?

I am thinking of running some meat out before the cut off Sat.

My list is Blueberry Maple Breakfast Sausage and smoked Reuben Sausages

• Like 2