What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

26 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im going to do them in the Instant Pot

I don’t have one.  I never really use the crockpot for anything either though actually.  Except for pulled chicken/pork for the most part.

I can’t wait!

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

Odd...I’m making the venison Jalapeño Taquitos that I made during the super bowl
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those were amazing oh wait I'm thinking the empanadas. Carry on

Call Me The Teflon Don

• Like 2

Buffalo chicken salad. Cause guys who don't shoot deer eat chicken. 
Go figure the one year I don't get a deer in over 10 years and there's a meat shortage.  First deer in October is in trouble. It may be a Wolc situation and button buck down. 
IMG_20200505_170453880.thumb.jpg.a4a29761e8ab128138f366b82e72d0c6.jpg

No joke as someone who is very clued into what the meat situation is, we may all be looking for a deer well before October

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

No joke as someone who is very clued into what the meat situation is, we may all be looking for a deer well before October

Yeah it's crazy.  The dumbest thing I have heard is killing animals cause they can't be processed.  We'll a bunch of us here can process a deer and I bet a pig or a cow with out a problem.  Give them to hunters at least . Who can pass that meat along to family and friends as well.  No waste in the least. And most of us would even pay for the expense of the animal for them to break even. 

I've got food for a few months I am sure. But crazy that you can't hardly buy meat now. One package per family at most all stores.  

• Like 1

It’s going to get worse than that pretty fast. Yes JBS opened a plant just to euthanize hogs. I am seeing PO’s coming into my warehouse getting shorted and cut. And I work for one of the largest distributors in the country

I don’t have one.  I never really use the crockpot for anything either though actually.  Except for pulled chicken/pork for the most part.
I can’t wait!
Instapot works great for shredded chicken for tacos or enchiladas. Takes 20 minutes instead of hours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can't upload the pics so...
Happy Cinco de Mayo!...shredded instatpot chicken tacos with - chipotle sour cream, cheese, guacamole, refried beans, green chilies, salsa, lettuce, onions, Tapatio and a Lagunitas 12th of Never on the side

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s going to get worse than that pretty fast. Yes JBS opened a plant just to euthanize hogs. I am seeing PO’s coming into my warehouse getting shorted and cut. And I work for one of the largest distributors in the country

Seems like the national guard could be brought in to run a processing plant.  Do what's needed to feed people . And help out the company to keep afloat as well. 

Daughter made strawberry watermelon margaritas for us. Burritos with Spanish rice , homemade chorizo , refried beans , cheese, mighty taco sauce and thwack of sour cream . Homemade queso fundido n chips Can’t post pic. Wtf

• Like 4

Seems like the national guard could be brought in to run a processing plant.  Do what's needed to feed people . And help out the company to keep afloat as well. 

It’s not that easy how are you going to train the guard to process chickens hogs and cows. These are for profit business how would this then get distributed and purchased

• Like 1

Daughter made strawberry watermelon margaritas for us. Burritos with Spanish rice , homemade chorizo , refried beans , cheese, mighty taco sauce and thwack of sour cream . Homemade queso fundido n chips Can’t post pic. Wtf

3f13591c46bcb486fec6d9f436bf106d.jpg
590fcb61e374204b0633c51aafe24389.jpg

• Like 5