What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

14 hours ago, Chef said:

No joke as someone who is very clued into what the meat situation is, we may all be looking for a deer well before October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell .... I'm looking but not touching NOW !    LOL

Edited by GreeneHunter
Sspelling
  • Like 1

Seems like the national guard could be brought in to run a processing plant.  Do what's needed to feed people . And help out the company to keep afloat as well. 
I was just at DMNA (Nation Guard) headquarters facility. They are already and have been helping distribute food just not working for a for-profit business like you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chef said:

It’s not that easy how are you going to train the guard to process chickens hogs and cows. These are for profit business how would this then get distributed and purchased

How hard is it really?. Its better than no one doing it.  And let the owner still make money. Hell even pay the workers. But if they are sick and can't be there let the guards help out.  With lots of PPE. 

No joke as someone who is very clued into what the meat situation is, we may all be looking for a deer well before October

Not meaning to get into harvest choices here or poaching but being involved with QDM I get a lot of "meat hunters" telling me they shot a yearling buck or this specific deer because "I needed the meat". We eat almost all venison throughout the year. Past season I hunted non-qdm and public ground to fill antlerless tags where it was justified as we had already met quota on qdm property I had access to. I havent once worried about meat during this and wont until season arrives. I know at least a handful of "meat hunters" I'm friends with that had to go buy meat because they ran out of the little they had to begin with. Makes you rethink whether or not many hunters have truly been hunting because they "need the meat". I do think QDMA Field to Fork program mentees we helped harvest deer are even more grateful in a time like this. We already talking the demand for these programs might go up. These events bring about a more true context of the word 'need' for sure. I feel we dont really hunt for the need of meat. Maybe that might change a bit now.

• Like 1

I gave away a bunch of deer meat and still have a solid 40-50 # and 45# plus  of chicken , a few pounds of hotdogs and sausages , and that’s just what’s in the freezer . 

13BF1497-8157-41EC-9339-8F8CAA639DD7.jpeg

• Like 3

I gave away a bunch of deer meat and still have a solid 40-50 # and 45# plus  of chicken , a few pounds of hotdogs and sausages , and that’s just what’s in the freezer . 
13BF1497-8157-41EC-9339-8F8CAA639DD7.thumb.jpeg.44c555b9c22dc398f99e943971c43a8e.jpeg
Quit hoarding all the damn chicken you freak!

Call Me The Teflon Don

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Quit hoarding all the damn chicken you freak!

Call Me The Teflon Don

I always see that we have enough food on hand to get past any minor disruptions for six months or so . I’ll be canning 30#s of chicken next week , as I don’t like depending on the freezer, and it’s a real time saver, come meal time .

Where I buy it they sell 10# bags no limit ,  ( yes even today ) I’ll grab a couple more for my kids soon, it is up to $1.89 a pound though .

I was just at DMNA (Nation Guard) headquarters facility. They are already and have been helping distribute food just not working for a for-profit business like you suggest.

Yes but are they processing meat... I doubt it and If meat runs out they will not have it just like everyone else. They will
Distribute MRE

I always see that we have enough food on hand to get past any minor disruptions for six months or so . I’ll be canning 30#s of chicken next week , as I don’t like depending on the freezer, and it’s a real time saver, come meal time .
Where I buy it they sell 10# bags no limit ,  ( yes even today ) I’ll grab a couple more for my kids soon, it is up to $1.89 a pound though .
1.89 a pound isn't bad. And is the canned chicken weird texture?

Call Me The Teflon Don

There has been no shortage of chicken, beef, fish in Westchester that I’m aware of.

Give it a week, it’s starting. You will see stores limit the amount you can buy. I was on the phone with 3 major processors today. I have 0 fresh ground beef in my warehouse right now. It’s bad and getting worse

Are they 10lb bags of fresh or frozen?

1.89 a pound isn't bad. And is the canned chicken weird texture?

Call Me The Teflon Don

Chicken breast meat was the lowest I’ve seen it in years last week. I was selling fresh breast for .75 cents a lb

Chicken breast meat was the lowest I’ve seen it in years last week. I was selling fresh breast for .75 cents a lb

Well that doesn't do me much good. I can't buy it for 75 cents a pound. You guys won't sell to me

Call Me The Teflon Don

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Give it a week, it’s starting. You will see stores limit the amount you can buy. I was on the phone with 3 major processors today. I have 0 fresh ground beef in my warehouse right now. It’s bad and getting worse

Up here you can only buy one package of beef , one package of pork.....choose wisely.   It's crazy stuff. 

Well that doesn't do me much good. I can't buy it for 75 cents a pound. You guys won't sell to me

Call Me The Teflon Don

My point was at $1.89 a lb the grocery stores are making profits like they haven’t In years

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Vargos pizza n wings. Legit ! The blue cheese is great too. Also buttered our bread and took the same to the family who’s letting us turkey hunt their property7315f837c02461a04bd60aef44df4b1a.jpg

Upstate pepperoni always looks like suction cups lol.  Looks good though, jusssayin.

• Like 1