What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Baked smallmouth bass fillets.  The stuff I ate was vacuum sealed from the freezer, caught in the Adirondacks, last Labor day weekend.  I vividly recall getting that limit of 14 inchers, on a topwater bait, in 7 casts that morning.  I never even started my 5.5 Evinrude.  They all hit from the dock, or as I floated a few yards out.

My wife and kids had fresh ones, from the Upper Niagara river, that I caught on opening day.  I had to work a bit harder for those, motoring across the river and about a mile upstream.  It took me a couple hours to get that limit, and I probably burned 2 gallons of gas with my 70 Johnson.  They were much bigger on average, but fought less in the 63 degree water.  That was good, because we forgot the net.

This was our first fish bake in about a month, since we used up the last of last year's vacuum-sealed Lake Erie / Upper Niagara bass.  Those are supposidly safe for women and children to eat.   Those from the Adirondacks, and the St Lawtence, not so much.  

I tried a few bites of the fresh stuff and couldn't detect any difference in taste.  It was all delicious and I cant wait for leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow.

20210621_214526.jpg

20210621_214216.jpg

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Let me know what you think of it. Been thinking about getting one for a while but don’t know if it’s worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the large one like pictured, and it works well.  One thing I would recommend is getting one of the ones with an attached lid.  My biggest complaint is having to clean it when I am done with it and then also having to clean it before I start because it doesn't have a lid.

Edited by Rack Attack

10 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

I have the large one like pictured, and it works well.  One thing I would recommend is getting one of the ones with an attached lid.  My biggest complaint is having to clean it when I am done with it and then also having to clean it before I start because it doesn't have a lid.

Its got the lid