What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Howd the corn work out? Did you soak it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was wondering the same thing . I've never had that work just putting fresh corn on the grill . It did work somewhat if I left them on at lower temp for longer than I thought. Now I just boil them and throw them on the grill for a couple min to give them a grilled taste .

2 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Going to have to try that. So you just add the milk, honey, and jalapeno slices to the boiling water ?

Yes , boil for 5-7 minutes. You don’t get the sweet from the honey but yet it brings out the sweetness of the corn. Only a tiny bit of heat from the jalapeños 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Howd the corn work out? Did you soak it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It was great!  And we did nothing to it, just threw it on. 

I grill corn all the time, and sometimes I soak it, sometimes I don't... I don't notice much difference.

I like to peel back the husks, remove the silk, drizzle in some Wegman's basting oil, cut off the end of the ear, fold the husks back up, tie off with butchers twine, then grill.  THAT makes a difference! 

• Like 1

fb0a657aa8e25d02f4962c8a564610cb.jpg

Long-ish story on this boil.
These smoked sausage come from here…
93969193a499414897902153f1a0978f.jpg
f98d033d22e6c6f49114a0ddad18e39a.jpg
Which was a place I would stop with my then girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) on our way home from West Virginia where we volunteered building houses in the Appalachian community.

College touring (Lehigh, F&M, Muhlenberg(her fav so far), Lafeyette….) with BroadwayHunter this last week brought us to their doorstep.

The liverwurst sandwich I had may be the best ever - and keep an eye on the breakfast thread for another southern classic

312950af7bb94accbd4f2cfc41d18c8a.jpg

60737dc6e2080804692174fa4e14319d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4