What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Should have known. Love local butchers. Usually get hooked up. Helped out a few in past.

Yea I usually do a half beef but the farmer was slow this year and the freezer is too full right now.. I’ll just eat venny all winter and hold off till spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Yea I usually do a half beef but the farmer was slow this year and the freezer is too full right now.. I’ll just eat venny all winter and hold off till spring

Got the opportunity to buy a whole hog processed how I want cut and vacuumed sealed $900. I used to raise pigs and process best price after every thing was 3.75lb.

• Like 1

Got the opportunity to buy a whole hog processed how I want cut and vacuumed sealed $900. I used to raise pigs and process best price after every thing was 3.75lb.

That seems expensive for a hog but it all depends on hanging weight I guess

Skipped out of work early to go hunting and my wife had Chick-dip-A waiting for me.  Wind direction is gonna be more important than ever when the fast food farts kick in. 
DF976849-3407-4200-A61F-C1F705FCA6CB.thumb.jpeg.fe5031c5f000fbf11cafb18006976719.jpeg

I love Chick-fil-A but I don’t think I’ve ever had fast food for dinner at home

Ummmmm [mention=327]crappyice[/mention] I don't recall you posting about how those inner loins turned out.

So funny you remembered:
ce4e77dfb136bf43d56b9c4ec05b5fc8.jpg

Shot last minute Sunday by my buddy (heart double lung- ran 25 yards and piled up). From shot to field dressed was 45 minutes….skinned and inner loins ripped out within 3 hours of walking.
Wrapped in plastic and stored in the fridge until tonight.
Salt pepper seared in cast iron (Lodge) on all sides and then 5 minutes in 400 oven…10 minutes of rest. Cooked perfectly for me…served with a Mexican casserole(ground venison, rice, beans, peas…) and cornbread.
It was fine.
I would do that again with any clean kill, quick processed deer. Any hint of tarnished meat on the inside…nope!
It is not as good as the backstrap and I would still enjoy a venison meatloaf or venison Philly cheesesteak more.
Full disclosure…I am not a “steak guy”

• Like 3

So funny you remembered:

Shot last minute Sunday by my buddy (heart double lung- ran 25 yards and piled up). From shot to field dressed was 45 minutes….skinned and inner loins ripped out within 3 hours of walking.
Salt pepper seared in cast iron (Lodge) on all sides and then 5 minutes in 400 oven…10 minutes of rest. Cooked perfectly for me…served with a Mexican casserole(ground venison, rice, beans, peas…) and cornbread.
It was fine.
I would do that again with any clean kill, quick processed deer. Any hint of tarnished meat on the inside…nope!
It is not as good as the backstrap and I would still enjoy a venison meatloaf or venison Philly cheesesteak more.

Remember…. I circled it on the damn calendar!!! Lol

Im taking this as a win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

I have, but never plated.  And plated makes it dinner and not just fast food.  Fancy!

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Chick-Fil-A is the only fast food we get… and that’s only a couple times per year.  

It used to be a special treat when we traveled.  Now there’s one less than 5 miles from our house and we have it less often. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

So funny you remembered:

It was fine.

Id put a whole deer right into burger and sausage. Maybe can some. I watched my wife's cuzin eyes when I took 2 whole back straps right into grinder. Lol!

This was my make, 6 months old. I was disappointed they skinned the head. So I cook in the over so I could the heat better. Not a lot of meat but tons of fat, it would have made such a mess in the smoker The meat was very tender. Worth it. I have one more head

IMG_20211219_152653489.jpg

IMG_20211219_103805902.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1