What happened

NYRturkeycall

I believe that Thread was removed by a Moderator . And if the individual is a Moderator he/she is just doing their job .
I irony is burmjohn back in the day hijacked me from another hunting forum to come here. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

I irony is burmjohn back in the day hijacked me from another hunting forum to come here. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

The issue at hand, and why I dumped the threads, is because you don’t go on someone’s forum, and advertise your own, or try to redirect traffic there. There’s no issue with members here belonging to other forums, this is not a team or a job where you are expected to only belong to one or the other. You just aren’t going to be allowed to run this site down, same as it’s always been. 

This is a nonnegotiable rule as far as I’m concerned, and unless burmjohn overrules me, it will stay that way. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Actually, the issue at hand was an absent owner, no response to membership requests and questions etc.....

You don't have a forum, abandon it, and expect glowing reviews. 

A couple of mods were left to police the ranks, while old BJ disappeared.

People got fed up. Now they're bailing, and rightfully so.

How many people are waiting on t shirts? Hahaha.

Seeya.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

The issue at hand, and why I dumped the threads, is because you don’t go on someone’s forum, and advertise your own, or try to redirect traffic there. There’s no issue with members here belonging to other forums, this is not a team or a job where you are expected to only belong to one or the other. You just aren’t going to be allowed to run this site down, same as it’s always been. 

This is a nonnegotiable rule as far as I’m concerned, and unless burmjohn overrules me, it will stay that way. 

And the post below is why you should ban the ones that spread the negatively instantly. They want to go to another site so be it but the few that run this one down on their way out should not even have the pleasure of reading threads let alone post on them. Those that left are still sending PM’s to members so it’s the same as badmouthing the site  Funny thing is is that site they went to has very few members besides the ones that left here   The same few live on the site 24-7 like they did here 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, left field said:

Cancel culture, strawman tilting and surreptitiously checking out the other forum all in one post? Solid.

The mods here handled the announcement of the new forum appropriately. Past that, having two forums focussed on NY sporting life is a benefit to everyone.

To a point maybe.  Badmouthing the site left does no good. And if it was bad enough to leave then why bother bring a part of it at all. 

2 hours ago, Skillet said:

Actually, the issue at hand was an absent owner, no response to membership requests and questions etc.....

You don't have a forum, abandon it, and expect glowing reviews. 

A couple of mods were left to police the ranks, while old BJ disappeared.

People got fed up. Now they're bailing, and rightfully so.

How many people are waiting on t shirts? Hahaha.

Seeya.

Cool, do what you wish, but you won’t be trashing the place on the way out either. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Cool, do what you wish, but you won’t be trashing the place on the way out either. 

Listen I understand your position as a mod, but how can you defend a site with an absentee owner who literally screwed over hard working hunters, who coughed over money for T shirts and other memorabilia and never came thru. I questioned you on this year's ago and in a nutshell you  told me to chill and that you were in contact with BJ and he would make good by everyone, how did that work out for ya?  Don't take this personal, I'm just upset at what ownership did or lack of. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this site thru the years but lately not so much. I was one of the first members to join this site, sad to see it go to shit.  The few remaining here should come over to the new site, same old and new faces, seems very legit so far and mods and owner are active and open to site suggestions. I think you could actually contribute in a positive way.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

And the post below is why you should ban the ones that spread the negatively instantly. They want to go to another site so be it but the few that run this one down on their way out should not even have the pleasure of reading threads let alone post on them. Those that left are still sending PM’s to members so it’s the same as badmouthing the site  Funny thing is is that site they went to has very few members besides the ones that left here   The same few live on the site 24-7 like they did here 

I just looked at the site, seems very basic website like this was 10 yers ago, why leave? 

26 minutes ago, First-light said:

I just looked at the site, seems very basic website like this was 10 yers ago, why leave? 

It's only 4 days old. 

At least the owner is front and center, and actually answers questions and contributes to the site. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, mowin said:

It's only 4 days old. 

At least the owner is front and center, and actually answers questions and contributes to the site. 

Who cares about what an owner does?  I would rather stay on a site that will let you speak the truth be it good bad or ugly. WNY and Eddie stay up on the stuff around here pretty good…. Lord knows Eddie got me a time or two…. We already have enough people trying to control what we say in this world. Funny thing is is that the same posters that lived on this site all day every day are doing the same over there. Nothing New. And if they think that site is just going to explode with Ny hunters they are dreaming. We have less hunters every year and add that to those who don’t like or want to be blabbing all over the internet and they will have the same site as this one. Kinda funny how those that left are worried about what the rest of us that stayed are doing over here. It’s like they want to move on but just have to see what’s going on. Sad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Splitear said:

The new sites politics section SUCKS! Not nearly as good as this one’s :)

Oh that was some of their biggest bitches.  It’s like not real hard to stay away from that section if a person wants to. There should be an active political section especially the way this world is today. You saw where Chef never could give a reason for supporting the idiot democrats killing this country. But he voted for them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Love the site. Just to be clear the issue is, the owner isn't even able to be reached. New members can't join, that's it. Moderators of this site in my opinion have been great. I'll view both sites but I think the other site will flourish do to a hands on owner.

Good luck to all, fsw your a hell of a woodsman. Your personality sucks but you have a ton to offer, hope to see your knowledge wherever it lands. (My insult is meant as a joke).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Listen I understand your position as a mod, but how can you defend a site with an absentee owner who literally screwed over hard working hunters, who coughed over money for T shirts and other memorabilia and never came thru. I questioned you on this year's ago and in a nutshell you  told me to chill and that you were in contact with BJ and he would make good by everyone, how did that work out for ya?  Don't take this personal, I'm just upset at what ownership did or lack of. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this site thru the years but lately not so much. I was one of the first members to join this site, sad to see it go to shit.  The few remaining here should come over to the new site, same old and new faces, seems very legit so far and mods and owner are active and open to site suggestions. I think you could actually contribute in a positive way.

I don’t know any of the facts about what went down with tshirts. Honestly, that issue is between whomever it was that paid for them and burmjohn. I think you are confused, I’m just moderating the site, not defending anything that burmjohn has or hasn’t done. 

I barely have time to enjoy this site, let alone many others. I am barely active on 1 or 2 other forums, and that’s it. Hell, I don’t even have much time to hunt these days. You all enjoy.

• Like 3

I'll be hanging around I enjoy the site. Does not matter if JB is here or not. A few reached out to me to move to the other site, thanks but no. Been here pretty much from the beginning. Now enough with this, got redeem myself today. Kids come in tonight and hopefully we can get a morning hunt in before the rain. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Love the site. Just to be clear the issue is, the owner isn't even able to be reached. New members can't join, that's it. Moderators of this site in my opinion have been great. I'll view both sites but I think the other site will flourish do to a hands on owner.

Good luck to all, fsw your a hell of a woodsman. Your personality sucks but you have a ton to offer, hope to see your knowledge wherever it lands. (My insult is meant as a joke).

Lol. My problem is I speak to much I’m facts. Seems many like to beat around the bush and not tell it like it really is. Thanks for the joke. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, First-light said:

I'll be hanging around I enjoy the site. Does not matter if JB is here or not. A few reached out to me to move to the other site, thanks but no. Been here pretty much from the beginning. Now enough with this, got redeem myself today. Kids come in tonight and hopefully we can get a morning hunt in before the rain. 

Exactly. After I don’t even know… 12-13 years I have no need to bounce around sites. Good Luck today, Great weather coming in behind this rain coming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

Corydd7- That was absolutely  perfect. All above are my thoughts also.  The Anger of 1 Man since the 2020 Pandemic  just got too old. And no Mod called him out.   He is logged in right now - ready to throw out another Angry Quote.  

I never said,I would totally leave this site.  If wnybuckhunter  wants to hit the ban button on me for replying  to Corydd7s post above- go right ahead. I won't  lose any sleep.  I am retired now and my plate is full. 

Now watch for the angry quote to come from 4s.

Lol. Angry?  I could not be a happier man. I have my health and probably been blessed in the real world more than one could ask. But it was all earned.   Now it’s not our problem that you are so thin skinned that you can’t handle it when your called out. Your one of the biggest mouthpieces downgrading this site but yet here you are still putting up posts that have nothing to do with what the site is named for. It seems turkey’s are the only thing you do that is sportsmen or hunting related so maybe you should stick to that?   See, just more facts for ya. No hate there. 

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Corydd7- That was absolutely  perfect. All above are my thoughts also.  The Anger of 1 Man since the 2020 Pandemic  just got too old. And no Mod called him out.   He is logged in right now - ready to throw out another Angry Quote.  

I never said,I would totally leave this site.  If wnybuckhunter  wants to hit the ban button on me for replying  to Corydd7s post above- go right ahead. I won't  lose any sleep.  I am retired now and my plate is full. 

Now watch for the angry quote to come from 4s.

I know it’s hard for you, but dont be so dramatic. In my PM I told you if you keep advertising the other site on here, I would ban you. Not just for you posting within the rules. 

• Like 1