Tracking Advice

gbj

2 minutes ago, First-light said:

Go anyway. You tried, leave a note and go. Weather just going to get worse.

I’m in looking but she didn’t want to drive a hour unless I had permission So I just walking around looking I really think he’s dead

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, First-light said:

I’m in looking but she didn’t want to drive a hour unless I had permission So I just walking around looking I really think he’s dead

1 hour ago, First-light said:

Just met my new neighbor first time I’ve had a shotgun pointed at me she was pizzed but after 10 minutes were all good now have permission wtf is wrong with people don't know how many times I could say I’m looking gif a wounded deer. Underwear are changed back looking

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gbj said:

Who is the "she" who doesn't want to drive an hour?

I'm a bit confused how some can be so sure that this and other deer shot by members in the past few weeks are definitely "dead deer".   Most especially when hit with an arrow.  Hopefully this one is dead and gets found, but others were not or never found.  The only time I am ever 100% sure that any deer I shoot at is dead is when I walk up to it and it's not breathing.  Otherwise I will NEVER be 100% sure that it's dead.  They can be tenacious critters and can take a licking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I'm a bit confused how some can be so sure that this and other deer shot by members in the past few weeks are definitely "dead deer".   Most especially when hit with an arrow.  Hopefully this one is dead and gets found, but others were not or never found.  The only time I am ever 100% sure that any deer I shoot at is dead is when I walk up to it and it's not breathing.  Otherwise I will NEVER be 100% sure that it's dead.  They can be tenacious critters and can take a licking.

Sorry she didn’t  want to drive unless I got permission from all neighbors she was 100 percent coming around 1:00 I text back said I couldn’t get permission 

12 minutes ago, steve863 said:

It was all the blood that swayed my opinion.

Plus, I was only 99.9997% sure. I did leave a margin for error. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, gbj said:

Waited 4 1/2 hours came up on him bedded he had maybe gone 100 yards  he got up while we were trying to figure out what to do and never figured out a direction he walked definitely didn’t run B4FB4BD6-3BAF-4235-A60A-3926DB1CE295.thumb.jpeg.69f93962077f5a38bdd52f3c0aa65e80.jpegB4FB4BD6-3BAF-4235-A60A-3926DB1CE295.thumb.jpeg.69f93962077f5a38bdd52f3c0aa65e80.jpegB4FB4BD6-3BAF-4235-A60A-3926DB1CE295.thumb.jpeg.69f93962077f5a38bdd52f3c0aa65e80.jpegB4FB4BD6-3BAF-4235-A60A-3926DB1CE295.thumb.jpeg.69f93962077f5a38bdd52f3c0aa65e80.jpeg

C90CB8EC-0D04-434E-B021-50F16D12CF78.jpeg

Low single lung?  Hit on the left side?

Been there, except I was stupid and pushed him (2 miles).  If you can get a dog tomorrow you may still find him.  Grampy and Tom have a lot of experience with this, they'd know better than me how much rain it takes to wash scent out from a dog's nose.  I'll text Grampy and have him pop over from the other site where most of us moved to.

I gave it a long look I’m headed to steuben county the next 3 days . there’s like 5 properties he was headed towards long narrow strips I got 3 of the 5 permissions. There was very little blood in the bed and never found anymore .

58 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Low single lung?  Hit on the left side?

Been there, except I was stupid and pushed him (2 miles).  If you can get a dog tomorrow you may still find him.  Grampy and Tom have a lot of experience with this, they'd know better than me how much rain it takes to wash scent out from a dog's nose.  I'll text Grampy and have him pop over from the other site where most of us moved to.

Most have said this buck is dead.  If you find him, what will you do?