Antler ice

Just Lucky

5 minutes ago, Kmartinson said:

There are a magical few days a year when this is relevant.  And imo that's the best one to use.

All depends what they use to bring their does in heat and when they do it. It’s all about catching the pheromones. That’s the only thing an adult/mature breeder in a herd is looking for. Some of our past members kept saying they just pee in their scrapes and it draws deer. You could use peanut butter in a scrape and all the immature bucks would still check it out. If your just looking to kill any buck you really don’t need the real stuff. When your after the best in the herd you want to use the real stuff from a local deer farmer. 

3 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

All depends what they use to bring their does in heat and when they do it. It’s all about catching the pheromones. That’s the only thing an adult/mature breeder in a herd is looking for. Some of our past members kept saying they just pee in their scrapes and it draws deer. You could use peanut butter in a scrape and all the immature bucks would still check it out. If your just looking to kill any buck you really don’t need the real stuff. When your after the best in the herd you want to use the real stuff from a local deer farmer. 

What is used to bring deer in heat on a farm? I think peeing on a scrape is bs.

My experience with scents is limited. I have seen it alert,  and alarm deer when I have used them in the past.

Gonna see tomorrow if it does one or the other. The piece of property I am hunting this weekend is for bow season only. Had good success last weekend of bow/ cross bow in years past there. It is an area I see few deer, but usually good ones.

Hunted it for 3 days last week, but only had a small 8 come through dogging a doe. He had her gimping pretty hard when she came through.   The windshift tomorrow blows the sent from the bedding area towards the Ridgeline the bucks like to travel so we will see. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

What is used to bring deer in heat on a farm? I think peeing on a scrape is bs.

My experience with scents is limited. I have seen it alert,  and alarm deer when I have used them in the past.

Gonna see tomorrow if it does one or the other. The piece of property I am hunting this weekend is for bow season only. Had good success last weekend of bow/ cross bow in years past there. It is an area I see few deer, but usually good ones.

Hunted it for 3 days last week, but only had a small 8 come through dogging a doe. He had her gimping pretty hard when she came through.   The windshift tomorrow blows the sent from the bedding area towards the Ridgeline the bucks like to travel so we will see. 

The guys who make the mass production just give the does a shot of Lutalyse and the doe will come into estrus in 1-5 days. So they just collect it all for those 1-5 days and yes they do catch some while they are in 100% estrus giving off the pheromones but they are mixing it with the urine from the does from the other 4 days they are not in estrus so it really waters it down and you are just getting doe pee to a point…. Which is still a good thing because a buck will come into a scrape with a new smell to it from a strange doe so it would still help you to stop that buck and get a shot. The real guys do what we do… even though we don’t collect much, just personal use pretty much..   we put  a cidr ,inserted into the doe and that stops her from cycling and then after 14 days we give a shot of PMSG and in roughly 36 hours that doe will be dripping in 100% heat ready to be bred be it artificially or introduce her in with a buck. Anything collected from that doe in that cycle is the best scent you will ever get your hands on. Antler Ice is a great product but if you want to see the real deal go to Conquest Scents website and check out their product call VS1. That is the best you can get and is what I get and mix my little bit I collect to it. They are the makers of Ever Calm. Good Luck!!

• Like 2

Good luck just this past weekend some of the mature bucks in the area (7P) started seeking and chasing pretty hard so I bought a frozen bottle of the doe estrous. I had a 4 point and 6 literally 5 yds away from a wick and could've cared less. I'm going to stick with just using evercalm and hunting the edges of doe bedding areas. I will say that at least it didn't spook them.