Are yu ready for Saturday?

Northcountryman

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

That thing does not work. I have one laying around from back when I was a smoker and tried it. Lol

I should have put a sarcastic smiley face after my comment . It’s been a long running joke with the wife and I about how she always needs a cough silencer . 

• Like 1

Early weather models are not promising for WNY....the crap is supposed to start tomorrow night and we shall see where the ole lake effect takes us. This projection absolutely sucks if it's true. A few inches each day is fine....but some models are calling 3 foot which will lock everything down.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

IDK… unless you’re hunting in Hamburg or Lancaster I think it will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest day of the year for me and I've been preparing and trying to decide which stand I'll sit for weeks now. It will depend on wind direction, conditions and gut feelings. I've narrowed it down to A) A semi open area between to really thick brushy spots up on flat ground in Letch, would require a 1.5 walk to get there, I haven't had anything good on trail cam all fall or b) my BIL's new piece farm in Stuben Co where I just placed a stand in a pinch point, 50 acres of hardwoods that has sizable pond on the north side and an overgrown brushy area past that. But it's all surrounded by open fields and has a few houses that surround the far north end. New land to him, I've never hunted it, big bucks in the area.

I write down all the pros and cons on a piece of paper and stress out over it lol

• Like 2

Good luck to all you southern tier hunters, I was a chopping at the bit opening day mad dog for many years before I moved to the Northern zone where I do all of my Deer hunting these days. Should have some snow on the ground which can be a serious difference maker if you know how to use it.

Al

• Like 1

Nope, not ready, I'll be giving it a wing and a prayer. Going to hang my climber on last year's tree tomorrow so I can find it in the dark Saturday morning. I have my .54 ML sighted in, and am going to put a few rounds through my 760 Remington tomorrow, I'm not sure which I'm taking on Saturday. Good luck to all who are going out!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Splitear said:

Nope, not ready, I'll be giving it a wing and a prayer. Going to hang my climber on last year's tree tomorrow so I can find it in the dark Saturday morning. I have my .54 ML sighted in, and am going to put a few rounds through my 760 Remington tomorrow, I'm not sure which I'm taking on Saturday. Good luck to all who are going out!

Same here man!!! I wont feel ready midway thru the season!!

• Like 1

Good luck to all you southern tier hunters, I was a chopping at the bit opening day mad dog for many years before I moved to the Northern zone where I do all of my Deer hunting these days. Should have some snow on the ground which can be a serious difference maker if you know how to use it.
Al

This resonates with me. I’m in Northern Zone, but barely. I really wish they restructure our season here. A 2 week archery season and 6 week rifle season results in a lot of 1.5 year old bucks being killed. I get it up north, but not where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk