Seems quiet?

Buckmaster7600

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Been gone since turkey season but things sure seem quiet around here for a few days before the SZ opener! What did I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone switched to a different forum in the last 3 weeks. Well most switched

Edited by Swamp_bucks

All the malcontents that hated the way this board was being run by the owner and it's political spot left and started their own board, good trade off as far as I am concerned, mostly hunting related posts here now.

Everybody is happy now, they don't have to see any politics and we don't have to see their petty back biting, cheap shots and complaining about T shirts along with wading through what some fry and eat every day.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

All the malcontents that hated the way this board was being run by the owner and it's political spot left and started their own board, good trade off as far as I am concerned, mostly hunting related posts here now.
Everybody is happy now, they don't have to see any politics and we don't have to see their petty back biting, cheap shots and complaining about T shirts along with wading through what some fry and eat every day.
Al
I agree with some of this for sure. This site turned into some people's diaries. They couldn't walk into the woods without writing a short novel about it. I don't care what you're eating for dinner, what dream you had last night, so many stupid/pointless threads being started. There were also a lot of "cliques" for awhile here, that was annoying. I don't see myself going to a new site, if this one dies one day, so be it, life goes on.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 6

1 hour ago, airedale said:

Al

Bingo. 

1 hour ago, Paula said:

A hand full of people that went there is still here. 

I am one. I am surprised at one member who bashed this place keeps coming back to post

Yeah kinda funny how they piss and moan about it yet still care what the rest of us that stayed are doing. Half them guys lived on this site and half of them are like a pack of wolves. Get in a pissing match with one and their cronies come a calling to throw their two cents in. I’m also not needing 3-4 mods and the owner and whom ever else dictating what I say as long as it’s within reason. Got enough people in this world trying to tell us what to do.  All is good here and quiet is not a bad thing. It will be a closer group op people that are left. And for the most part it will stay outdoors related. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I agree with some of this for sure. This site turned into some people's diaries. They couldn't walk into the woods without writing a short novel about it. I don't care what you're eating for dinner, what dream you had last night, so many stupid/pointless threads being started. There were also a lot of "cliques" for awhile here, that was annoying. I don't see myself going to a new site, if this one dies one day, so be it, life goes on.

Still the same cliques over there...just at a different IP address.

• Like 1

Still the same cliques over there...just at a different IP address.
I haven't even made any attempt to look at the other site. Just look at all of the people who left in a matter of days, most of them being the "clique." The herd mentality is strong here I guess haha.

• Like 1

I registered on the other site, but I had no thought of abandoning this site....I  hope it is acceptable to belong to more than one site  ??    I  never considered it a "loyalty" thing Also, I never bitched about how this site was run... 

• Like 3

I’m on several forums , I figured what’s one more . I will say I see members posting here  that I don’t recognize their names , so it seems they  are picking up the slack . Good guys/ hunters on both now, so I follow both. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 3

Clique equals friends in my book……..some have em, some don’t.   Lol
Disagree in part, the clique I'm referring to is the group attack, agree with one another at all costs, general douchebaggery. People with real friends don't spend all of their time on forums generally. It's easier to make online friends because you can be anyone you choose, you never truly know the person on the other side. There are/were people on here who I guarantee you are not the person you are led to believe they are. I joined this site because I thought it was cool to see what others were seeing/shooting/doing. I didn't join it to find friends per se, just conversation with like minded people. There are people who I'm certain I'd be friends with here, who I feel are genuine individuals, others I believe are only here to be someone they aren't in their "real life," to pound their chest, to impress, to brag, to feel like they have a podium. To each their own...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I registered on the other site, but I had no thought of abandoning this site....I  hope it is acceptable to belong to more than one site  ??    I  never considered it a "loyalty" thing Also, I never bitched about how this site was run... 

No worries on belonging to other forums. This isn’t a job lol. 

Well, for me it feels like one sometimes. :D

21 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Disagree in part, the clique I'm referring to is the group attack, agree with one another at all costs, general douchebaggery. People with real friends don't spend all of their time on forums generally. It's easier to make online friends because you can be anyone you choose, you never truly know the person on the other side. There are/were people on here who I guarantee you are not the person you are led to believe they are. I joined this site because I thought it was cool to see what others were seeing/shooting/doing. I didn't join it to find friends per se, just conversation with like minded people. There are people who I'm certain I'd be friends with here, who I feel are genuine individuals, others I believe are only here to be someone they aren't in their "real life," to pound their chest, to impress, to brag, to feel like they have a podium. To each their own...

Exactly. And the guy you are quoting is a member in good standings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

I’m on several forums , I figured what’s one more . I will say I see members posting here  that I don’t recognize their names , so it seems they  are picking up the slack . Good guys/ hunters on both now, so I follow both. 

Probably because of the pack mentality on the ones that left. So many new people posting now that were in the wind in the past. There is a reason. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Bingo! I still post on this site.   Probably  continue  some to the end of May 2023.

Yeah while you continue to bash it on the other. Seems some over there just can’t let it go. For some that say they didn’t like me they sure can’t keep my name off their lips over there. A thread got shut down just because people were discussing what happened on this site.  Yeah that’s the kind of overreach on want on a site I’m part of

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

This says it all. Nobody cares that those people left this site, it won’t miss a beat. But to sit on the other site and bitch about the site, the mods, the owner and the members yet feel the need to come back is something else. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Been gone since turkey season but things sure seem quiet around here for a few days before the SZ opener! What did I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see your back. I always appreciate your wise insights, even if they don’t always agree with mine.  Who doesn’t like a good Adirondack deer tracking story ?   

I’m still trying to get a buck up there with a 30/30.  Maybe it will happen this year, on Thanksgiving weekend.  I passed a little spike with one, on the day after the opener this year.  Hopefully, I don’t regret that at the end of the season.

If he had just two more points, I’d have had two firsts, because it also would have been my first buck up there with no snow on the ground.  I’m still hoping for snow up there on Thanksgiving weekend though.