Seems quiet?

Buckmaster7600

17 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Glad to see your back. I always appreciate your wise insights, even if they don’t always agree with mine.  Who doesn’t like a good Adirondack deer tracking story ?   

I’m still trying to get a buck up there with a 30/30.  Maybe it will happen this year, on Thanksgiving weekend.  I passed a little spike with one, on the day after the opener this year.  Hopefully, I don’t regret that at the end of the season.

If he had just two more points, I’d have had two firsts, because it also would have been my first buck up there with no snow on the ground.  I’m still hoping for snow up there on Thanksgiving weekend though.  

Looks like you/we might be getting more snow then we could/wood ever want.  I really hope we don’t get half of the3-6 feet they are calling for. 

After I received a one week f word suspension I stayed away from this site. After returning from suspension I did notice light postings and none of the usual guys. Had no idea about another site. I feel like the fat kid at prom. No one asked or told me. Guess I’m staying here since I wasn’t invited. Not a bad thing . Maybe with the lighter numbers I won’t get suspended again. Just joking  @Wny buck hunter. Seriously I have no complaints.

52 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Looks like you/we might be getting more snow then we could/wood ever want.  I really hope we don’t get half of the3-6 feet they are calling for. 

I heard that there is a lot on the way.  I am down in southern CA for work now and scheduled to fly back late Friday night.  If Buffalo airport closes down, it will be the first southern zone opening day that I missed in 40 years.  

On the bright side, that increases my chances of having a buck tag up north on Thanksgiving weekend.  It’s a lot more fun hunting up there, at that time of year, when I still have one of those.  Chasing after bears and grouse, like I have had to do about every other year, just isn’t half as fun.   

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I heard that there is a lot on the way.  I am down in southern CA for work now and scheduled to fly back late Friday night.  If Buffalo airport closes down, it will be the first southern zone opening day that I missed in 40 years.  

On the bright side, that increases my chances of having a buck tag up north on Thanksgiving weekend.  It’s a lot more fun hunting up there, at that time of year, when I still have one of those.  Chasing after bears and grouse, like I have had to do about every other year, just isn’t half as fun.   

It'd be a bummer to miss OD......hopefully somehow/someway you can get home. 

We had a dandy buck stumbling around behind work this morning, maybe he'll find his way towards your place in the next few days?!?!

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

We had a dandy buck stumbling around behind work this morning, maybe he'll find his way towards your place in the next few days?!?!

I have not missed  first light on OD since I started hunting deer in 1965...That's about 56 years....One morning many years ago temps were down in the single digits...My oil furnace had quit working overnight...I was in the woods at opening time but I had to go home at 8:00 AM  to work on my furnace so my pipes didn't freeze...BUT...I was in the woods hunting the first hour, so I have never missed an opener...Knock on wood...Hehehehe...  Good luck, Wolc.....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I saw a dandy behind my place last Sunday morning.  It looked like at least a 3.5 yr old 10-point with a body like a moose.   If I do make it home, I’ll probably hit my parent’s place on the opposite corner of wmu 9F though.   I’ll get back after that big one at home again, next Sunday morning (if I get home). 

• Like 1

I’m sitting out this year after 46 consecutive starts. This is the one and only OD/season I’ve missed since I was 12 years old. As Saturday approaches I’m starting to second guess that decision, but I’m sure when I wake up at 9:00 Saturday morning to the forecasted Snovember, I’ll happily crawl back in bed and think about all the fun you guys are having out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

Dang where have i been, I didn't know people were leaving here, it did seem a little quiet here lately.

What site are these people moving too? Would love to see what they have to say and who lol 

I did see a couple bucks shot from guys that were here that got posted on FB but not on here.. 

13 hours ago, Cory said:

After I received a one week f word suspension I stayed away from this site. After returning from suspension I did notice light postings and none of the usual guys. Had no idea about another site. I feel like the fat kid at prom. No one asked or told me. Guess I’m staying here since I wasn’t invited. Not a bad thing . Maybe with the lighter numbers I won’t get suspended again. Just joking  @Wny buck hunter. Seriously I have no complaints.

Its all good lol. Just stick close to the rules and theres no problem. I dont like suspending or banning folks. Id rather keep things light in here, as noone enjoys a stressful or negative air on a site.

14 hours ago, phantom said:

The other site dont come up on search engines  the loging in with your email instead of nickname is  Annoying to  dont care for the layout that much either overthere . I guess ita ok like a backup site if this one goes down.

That's kinda how Im looking it at it, a backup site if something happens to this one.

I also do not like the layout, it looks outdated.

• Like 1

I never really notice how much of this site was just like the  same 20 or 30 people posting on here anyway thats like basically what you see on that other site now with the  Occasional   different person posting   They got the  impression that they're gonna get more views over there but I don't think  makes a  Difference if anything they're gonna get less  views over there   Because that site doesn't even come up on search engines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

If someone posts it , they will be gone from this site . You don't go on a site and promote other sites .........

No they just keep a watch on here and then use the Pm on this site to tell them about the other. Not really see where they get their jollies just pulling people off here. But then the same idiots come back and say they want to post on this site also. Shows what their working with upstairs 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

I never really notice how much of this site was just like the  same 20 or 30 people posting on here anyway thats like basically what you see on that other site now with the  Occasional   different person posting   They got the  impression that they're gonna get more views over there but I don't think  makes a  Difference if anything they're gonna get less  views over there   Because that site doesn't even come up on search engines.

Exactly. And look at all the new names posting here now. They didn’t like the pack mentality that the group that left had. Like they were better then most and half of them are pretty uneducated even in the hunting world. 

• Like 3

I think too many here are missing why the other site was started. We've been bitching about things like t-shirts and politics for years and yet it didn't change the participation for a lot of us at all.

The nail in the coffin for me was when cynthia couldn't log in and we all found out that new users can't join this site and existing ones couldn't reset passwords. Even if burm is indeed paying the bills, eventually all the active members will die and the site with it. There's zero ability to recruit new members here. How can that not be seen as an issue for some of you?

I belonged to an old and dying car forum but a group of us similar in size to this one hung out in the off topic section for years just shooting the shit until one day we tried to log on and poof it was gone. To not think that might or probably will happen here is extremely naïve. 

I'll double down and note that several tried to buy this site just to keep it alive to no avail. 

If this is a safer space for some to freely post their politics and see less clutter, that's fair and I'll still probably pop in here and there as some good guys are still left here. I can't say I give a flying flock what's in your smoker either, but some like that and it's harmless. With regards to friends and the amount of posting... some of us have computer day jobs and need the equivalent of a smoke break. That's all it is, you'll hardly ever catch me posting at night or weekends. 

The most hilarious thing though is that a certain member very clearly made an account over there and his first posts were in a section making fun of said member, yet here he is talking sh!t about members who are still here and talking sh!t over there lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

No they just keep a watch on here and then use the Pm on this site to tell them about the other. Not really see where they get their jollies just pulling people off here. But then the same idiots come back and say they want to post on this site also. Shows what their working with upstairs 

nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere. you can do what you want with the info you get sent in a pm. We're all adults right?

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. And look at all the new names posting here now. They didn’t like the pack mentality that the group that left had. Like they were better then most and half of them are pretty uneducated even in the hunting world. 

lol like who? You can't even make a new account. There hasn't been a new member since like February lol. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

nobody is forcing anyone to go anywhere. you can do what you want with the info you get sent in a pm. We're all adults right?

Listen, right wrong or indifferent, if I catch anyone recruiting members through PMs, Ill ban that person. I dont care what anyones opinion of that is, its how things are going to be unless burmjohn asks me not to do it. We are also not going to constantly repeat the same threads bagging on this site. If you dont want to be on this site, then go away and leave things here alone. We are all adults, act as such.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Listen, right wrong or indifferent, if I catch anyone recruiting members through PMs, Ill ban that person. I dont care what anyones opinion of that is, its how things are going to be unless burmjohn asks me not to do it. We are also not going to constantly repeat the same threads bagging on this site. If you dont want to be on this site, then go away and leave things here alone. We are all adults, act as such.

sorry i shouldn't have worded it that way. Just responding to the fact that we're all free american's. You and I are on the same page with regards to advertising. 

37 minutes ago, Belo said:

That was nice of you to rag on me just for asking a question about posting videos  on the  political  thread  on the other site  it was just a question and you blow up on me . 

Thanks  for the warm welcome over there but i  think i will¹ be spending most my time here happy hunting guy .

Edited by phantom
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

No reason for there to be competition between here and there. Everyone is free to come and go as they please. It's just that no new members can get on here anymore. I've been on here for years, and enjoyed it!!! But with no owner participation saw it just turn into a constant political bitch fest. Most everything posted turned political. That's not why I come to a hunting and outdoor forum. If I want to debate politics, there are more appropriate places to do so. As for cliques......I have made some friends for life from this place. Some are here, some are there, most go back and forth. Seems as if all of a sudden a member here is firing up his own clique??? Whatever..... It doesn't have to be that way at all. 

• Like 7