So who are you going hunting with for opeaning day gun season this year

phantom

My old buddy Mort, who has shared many a hunting and fishing adventure with me over the last 30 years or so, is going to be sitting with me opening day in my heated tower blind.  We will talk,, tell stories ( most of which have been told before)  and possibly  a deer will venture out in the food plot , which  may screw everything up, because if it is a shooter we may have to shoot it and then get out of the warm tower to dress it out and load it in the truck, which might interrupt an other wise perfect day..

• Like 4

My wife's family has a camp on union falls in the Adirondacks. Family used to get together till rates were raised by new owners of lease for hunting so they only use it in summer now. We'd drink and eat good and a few of us were die hards most were there to get away from home and wives for alone time. Mostly still hunting or make a few drives. Most hunting camps run same way. Now sits vacant till after hunting season they go up for ice fishing 2 nd weekend in February. 

I'm going to sit opening morning with a good friend that I've been hunting with for 40 years that's suffering from severe macular degeneration.

This is going to be his last year hunting, as his eyesight has degraded so bad that he only has about 20% of his vision left.

Good luck to all.

Enjoy life and all of mother nature wonders.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

My old buddy Mort, who has shared many a hunting and fishing adventure with me over the last 30 years or so, is going to be sitting with me opening day in my heated tower blind.  We will talk,, tell stories ( most of which have been told before)  and possibly  a deer will venture out in the food plot , which  may screw everything up, because if it is a shooter we may have to shoot it and then get out of the warm tower to dress it out and load it in the truck, which might interrupt an other wise perfect day..

I can solve your problem, you two can continue to talk and tell stories and I will shoot the deer and dress it out if you invite me over :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Jokes aside I will be driving 90mins away and then a 45min hike up a mountain but my son will be with me.
We have no intel on this location, no cameras. So opening day will be like old days, hope and pray something crosses our path. 

Those have been some of my best hunts...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Jokes aside I will be driving 90mins away and then a 45min hike up a mountain but my son will be with me.
We have no intel on this location, no cameras. So opening day will be like old days, hope and pray something crosses our path. 

Killed deer like that just walking buddies property he didn't have on camera.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Hornell, NY

Okay...you are about 45 minutes from me...I was blowing smoke about opening day, but I am always open to meeting forum members... I generally hunt my stand  frm mid afternoon until dark  after opening week end,,,If we can make connections you would be welcome tohunt pretty much any afternoon after opening day..

• Like 1

Just now, Pygmy said:

Okay...you are about 45 minutes from me...I was blowing smoke about opening day, but I am always open to meeting forum members... I generally hunt my stand  frm mid afternoon until dark  after opening week end,,,If we can make connections you would be welcome tohunt pretty much any afternoon after opening day..

40 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

That is super kind and generous of you, if we strike out on opening day and decide to drive out again I will ping you.

On a positive thinking note, if we both connect on opening day, I will be more than happy to drive out and do a HNY pic together :) 

• Like 2