7 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Floyd murder was not justifiable and your comparison is apples and mangos

I never said - or implied- that it was. I do understand your point, though that Babbitt made a conscious choice to break the law and go into the capitol building, whereas Floyd did not.  Having said that, I think that it is also fair to say that by all other metrics, Babbitt was the superior citizen and a far better person than Floyd , who was, absolutely and unequivocally, a worthless piece of s#@%.  Of course, that doesnt give law enforcement the right to summarily execute him for his repeated immorality, either, so Im in agreement with you there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

A US citizen can not own an AR and high caps in alot of states now. If it's that important to an individual than move to a state that does allow it. One of the very reasons I wouldn't live in a state where anyone can walk into a store and buy an AR like in the south 

Yes the 2nd amendment says keep and bear arms and was written long before any and every nut job who wants to kill lots of people real fast could buy an AR. 

Laws being successful passed in many states are being demanded by the people who are sick of seeing mass shootings. Democrats are only delivering the laws that people want and to a public reacting to the radical agendas of the NRA and other groups who insists everyone should be able to own these guns.

That's another problem the NRA has is they think guys like me are a minority. We'll we're not and the NRA has turned alot of good gun owners away from their all or nothing movement 

Dissection works both ways.

Very incoherent....

On 1/12/2023 at 1:10 PM, Gobbler Chaser said:

I'm a lifetime hunter sportsman who has no need to own an AR15 and high capacity mags and think they serve no purpose other than being able to kill innocents real quickly. But because of the NRA and rightwings lockstep stance on everyone having to have the right to own assault weapons or hair brained cases like nysrpa wanting everyone to be able to CC in Times Square it seems like I lose more rights as a sportsman hunter with everything Republicans do when it comes to gun legislation. Everytime I hear a republican legislator say I'm going to protect your rights I cringe:this:

The dreaded AR style rifles are simply a black version of any other semi-auto rifle that thousands of sportsmen use throughout U.S. hunting seasons. Don't let the color and shape of a rifle encourage you to be an enemy of those who would stand up for any of the dwindling rights that we still have left. There is no need to cower or cringe whenever someone shows an interest in protecting our rights. Save your fears for those who would happily take them away.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

A US citizen can not own an AR and high caps in alot of states now. If it's that important to an individual than move to a state that does allow it. One of the very reasons I wouldn't live in a state where anyone can walk into a store and buy an AR like in the south 

Yes the 2nd amendment says keep and bear arms and was written long before any and every nut job who wants to kill lots of people real fast could buy an AR. 

Laws being successful passed in many states are being demanded by the people who are sick of seeing mass shootings. Democrats are only delivering the laws that people want and to a public reacting to the radical agendas of the NRA and other groups who insists everyone should be able to own these guns.

That's another problem the NRA has is they think guys like me are a minority. We'll we're not and the NRA has turned alot of good gun owners away from their all or nothing movement 

Dissection works both ways.

You make me sick.

If you don't like the constitution as written, go try living in a communist country, where you won't have all of your money, houses and Freedom.

NY and the other Blue run states will eventually fall and when they do, your ilk will be the useless idiots we've seen time and time again used by the liberal as cannon fodder, smiling all the way to the bitter end.

The whole time saying "It was for safety, for the children."

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin

• Like 4

There are millions of AR type rifles in civilian hands in this country today.  A miniscule amount are used in mass shootings.  An intelligent individual would realize it isn't a problem caused by a firearm that is in general use in this country.  The first thing one must do to find a proper solution to any problem, is correctly identify the problem.

Why would anyone think banning a certain type of firearm would stop mass shootings?  If loonies cannot get black semi-auto rifles, they will use handguns or shotguns.  And when they do, the gun banners will come for them too.  Only a fool believes the real goal isn't total gun confiscation.

And if a total gun ban were to become reality, do you think a very profitable black market for guns wouldn't evolve?

This is why the NRA fights for your right to own what has been legal for decades.  Give gun banners an inch and they will come for every inch eventually.  Hunters who criticize the NRA and support any form of oppressive gun control, simply have no idea they are being used by people who want to strip them of their 2nd A rights too.

The NRA (National Rifle Association) murders 0 people and receives ($$$$ 0) nothing in government funds. Planned Parenthood kills 350,000 babies every year and receives $500,000,000 in tax dollars annually.

It is a fact most mass shootings occur in "gun free" zones where shooters know everyone is defenseless.  They want to rack up a huge kill, as if they were scoring points in a video game.  They want notoriety and fame.  They want some sort of significance in their otherwise wasted lives.  Why do people support laws stopping people from being able to shoot back?  In places where people were able to carry concealed, mass shootings were stopped very quickly.  Why would the government want to arrest you and lock you up for wanting to be able to defend yourself?

Mass shootings help the government's desire to get people to willingly give up their rights.  Ever think maybe that's why it has no real plan to stop them?  People who are fooled into supporting any government desire to disarm anyone, are fools who have not thought this thing through.

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 2:47 PM, Doc said:

The dreaded AR style rifles are simply a black version of any other semi-auto rifle that thousands of sportsmen use throughout U.S. hunting seasons. Don't let the color and shape of a rifle encourage you to be an enemy of those who would stand up for any of the dwindling rights that we still have left. There is no need to cower or cringe whenever someone shows an interest in protecting our rights. Save your fears for those who would happily take them away.

The AR15 is a mass shooters weapon of choice. The majority of hunters I know don't own one and never will. I remember a time on this forum when you Doc were against them. I'll go as far to say the majority of AR15 owners are younger males, they are not sportsman's and could give a crap about hunting in any form. They like them because they're so "cool". Doing mag dumps and bragging about all the ammo they have stored is what most are all about. Just look at the AR15 videos on social media, nut jobs shooting hundreds of rounds into ponds or blowing up LP gas cylinders, overheating their barrels doing 100 Rd drum mag dumps and no interest in real marksmanship whatsoever. Duh I'll eventually hit it with a 100 rounds mentality makes us all look stupid. They are the ones effecting my rights as a sportsman and a firearm owner. Before this AR fade that only came about in the last 25yrs or so I could buy ammo without being scrutinized by the Govorment and buy a rifle in any store that no longer dares to sell em.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:05 PM, Shoots100 said:

You make me sick.

If you don't like the constitution as written, go try living in a communist country, where you won't have all of your money, houses and Freedom.

NY and the other Blue run states will eventually fall and when they do, your ilk will be the useless idiots we've seen time and time again used by the liberal as cannon fodder, smiling all the way to the bitter end.

The whole time saying "It was for safety, for the children."

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― Benjamin Franklin

If the 2nd amendment will not be infringed then where has your right to own flamethrowers, grenade launchers, bazookas, gone. I'm glad I make you sick because you make me laugh, thankyou, lol

US citizens have been buying and shooting AR rifles since the 1970's.  They are not new. 

If you study the history of anti-gun trends in this land you will see they wanted to ban handguns before they went after AR rifles.  If they get the AR's they will come for handguns again.  Then they will come for all semi-auto firearms including hunting shotguns.  Soon you will be left with nothing but limited capacity rifles and shotguns and a law stating how much ammo you can possess at any one time.  If you doubt it, study what has already happened in many countries around the world.  You are hoping to feed the alligator trying to keep it from eating you.  That only prolongs the time when it will eat you.

Mass shootings are not caused by black rifles.  It's a cultural problem that has to be addressed.  Personally, I think the majority of mass shootings would be stopped if they allowed people to shoot back.  It doesn't make any sense to disarm responsible gun owners when society is experiencing an unprecedented rise in crime, unless you consider the benefit of disarmament to the ruling class.  I don't know about you, but I do not intend to be ruled or subject to anyone.

Infringements on the 2nd Amendment are ALL unconstitutional.  They are "preventative" laws that prevent you from being a free man because others have abused their freedom.  Think of how much of your life that could affect if taken to it's limits.  The law should only punish people who do harm, not punish people who have the ability to do so.  If we allow the government to start jailing people it fears may do harm, we are no longer free to do anything it won't allow us to do.

I think you really need to enlist a little foresight into your thinking process.

Edited by Grouse

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Mass shootings are not caused by black rifles.  It's a cultural problem that has to be addressed.  Personally, I think the majority of mass shootings would be stopped if they allowed people to shoot back.  It doesn't make any sense to disarm responsible gun owners when society is experiencing an unprecedented rise in crime, unless you consider the benefit of disarmament to the ruling class.  I don't know about you, but I do not intend to be ruled or subject to anyone

Bravo !! GC , with all due respect , this is the real reason your 2 nd amend. Rights are potentially being threatened . We’re it not for mass shootings becoming prevalent in American society over the past 30 yrs , no one would be even talking about it  as a serious policy corrective measure . Reason behind this ? The cultural and moral decay we’re experiencing as a country , that which is actively perpetuated by your Democrat party , I’m afraid . 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

If the 2nd amendment will not be infringed then where has your right to own flamethrowers, grenade launchers, bazookas, gone. I'm glad I make you sick because you make me laugh, thankyou, lol

None of your examples fire a bullet, therefore not 2A protected.  That is the historical perspective.  There are those that believe the term "arms" in 2A would include those too; and they are being infringed.  Perhaps a case to SCOTUS is needed to sort that out.  

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

The AR15 is a mass shooters weapon of choice. The majority of hunters I know don't own one and never will. I remember a time on this forum when you Doc were against them. I'll go as far to say the majority of AR15 owners are younger males, they are not sportsman's and could give a crap about hunting in any form. They like them because they're so "cool". Doing mag dumps and bragging about all the ammo they have stored is what most are all about. Just look at the AR15 videos on social media, nut jobs shooting hundreds of rounds into ponds or blowing up LP gas cylinders, overheating their barrels doing 100 Rd drum mag dumps and no interest in real marksmanship whatsoever. Duh I'll eventually hit it with a 100 rounds mentality makes us all look stupid. They are the ones effecting my rights as a sportsman and a firearm owner. Before this AR fade that only came about in the last 25yrs or so I could buy ammo without being scrutinized by the Govorment and buy a rifle in any store that no longer dares to sell em.

All of the unbolded is non-debatable, legal, and irrelevant if they are sportsman or not.  What percent of these firearms users makes up mass shooters?  <0.0001% maybe?   The bolded is incorrect.  The ones affecting your rights as a sportsman and a firearm owner are the politicians (knee jerk reacting) passing unconstitutional firearm laws, not the mass shooter or the AR15.  The AR15 and the shootings are an excuse/crisis to pass more an more unconstitutional laws on the masses.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

I worry more about a teenager with a cellphone in a car injuring one of my loved ones then a mass shooter with an AR.

• Like 4

On 2/5/2023 at 8:41 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

I believe you have me confused with someone else when you say that I was ever against any AR style gun. My biggest problem with them is I can't afford one. I never bought any semi auto gun for the same reason. And of course the only real difference between an AR style rifle and any semi auto rifle is that the AR's are black and nasty looking. Is that how you form your opinion about what guns should be available and what guns make you a killer? Does the color of the AR's frighten you?  Do you label people as being "nut jobs" because of the way they enjoy using their gun. Are you really that judgmental? Do you hate all gun owners who are not hunters? Do you have something against them? I know people who belong to gun clubs and only shoot competition. Does that make them "nut jobs" too. I find it interesting how emotional some of you people get over the color and fashion of a gun and the people who own and enjoy them. Try using a little logic instead of trembling and cringing over the color and style of a firearm for a change and then your arguments may actually worth listening to. 

Oh and by the way, if the laws on gun and ammo sales bothers you so much, understand that those worthless and ineffective laws were passed by people with the same illogical, emotional, paranoia and arguments and biases that you have shown here.

• Like 8

I dont know about you guys, but Im REALLY strarting to get worried about the status, safety and security of our country right now; did you see the update on the News yesterday?  ANOTHER aircraft/object  had enetered our airspace?  This time over northern Alaska and shot down?  Methinks the Chinese can sense that a fool is runnin the show  over here and theyre right!! Whatcha think?? 

Edited by Northcountryman
  • Like 1