Just watched Trumps speech from last night in Texas. Nothing new.  Same stuff over and over. Are we going to hear anything about how he is going to fix inflation, high gas prices, issues between Ukraine and Russia. Tensions with China & N Korea or is it just going to be him name calling opponents, how he is a victim and he will be on a revenge tour. 
If he is running to improve things let’s hear what he is going to do. If he’s running for a “revenge” tour I’m hoping the Republican Party ends up with another candidate. 

Edited by boo711

He doesn't have to tell us what he will do on those issues, because he already showed us how to handle those issues when he was President.  His supporters know what he will do and don't have short memories.  What they want to know is how we can fix our corrupt government and establish election integrity.  Trump's 2nd term was stolen from him so those two things would not be addressed.

39 minutes ago, Grouse said:

He doesn't have to tell us what he will do on those issues, because he already showed us how to handle those issues when he was President.  His supporters know what he will do and don't have short memories.  What they want to know is how we can fix our corrupt government and establish election integrity.  Trump's 2nd term was stolen from him so those two things would not be addressed.

Good then. Tell me how he is going to fix the corrupt government without the childish name calling  and reliving the past 2 years. Tell me what you are going to do moving forward. That is what I want to hear him. Being buddy buddy with Putin and other world leaders is not going to get us out of the state this country is in with those nations. I don’t want to see him campaigning on losing the 2020 election. He campaigns on that and Joey will be elected again in 2024. 
Election integrity is not the only thing  that is wrong with this country. Plenty of other issues I mentioned above.   
And if Republicans keeping throwing in these new laws at state level on abortion and lgbt, etc not only will we be stuck with Joey they will not win the senate and could lose the house.   Those are 2 issues I think hurt the Republicans in the mid terms. Just spent 2 weeks in Florida. Talked to a guy at the range there twice last week. Said he loves DeSantis but thinks he is going to far with some of the stuff he is implementing in Florida. Same could happen to Trump if he lives off 2020 and the last 2 years. 

5 hours ago, boo711 said:

Just watched Trumps speech from last night in Texas. Nothing new.  Same stuff over and over. Are we going to hear anything about how he is going to fix inflation, high gas prices, issues between Ukraine and Russia. Tensions with China & N Korea or is it just going to be him name calling opponents, how he is a victim and he will be on a revenge tour. 
If he is running to improve things let’s hear what he is going to do. If he’s running for a “revenge” tour I’m hoping the Republican Party ends up with another candidate. 

The interesting thing is that he really doesn't need to say HOW is is going to do these things. All he has to do is sometime through the campaign just say that he will. We learned from his first term that when he says he is going to do something, he does it. That was the novel thing about his presidency. He actually at least makes an effort to do what he promised as opposed to the Biden trojan horse.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, boo711 said:

Good then. Tell me how he is going to fix the corrupt government without the childish name calling  and reliving the past 2 years. Tell me what you are going to do moving forward. That is what I want to hear him. Being buddy buddy with Putin and other world leaders is not going to get us out of the state this country is in with those nations. I don’t want to see him campaigning on losing the 2020 election. He campaigns on that and Joey will be elected again in 2024. 
Election integrity is not the only thing  that is wrong with this country. Plenty of other issues I mentioned above.   
And if Republicans keeping throwing in these new laws at state level on abortion and lgbt, etc not only will we be stuck with Joey they will not win the senate and could lose the house.   Those are 2 issues I think hurt the Republicans in the mid terms. Just spent 2 weeks in Florida. Talked to a guy at the range there twice last week. Said he loves DeSantis but thinks he is going to far with some of the stuff he is implementing in Florida. Same could happen to Trump if he lives off 2020 and the last 2 years. 

The only thing Trump would have to say if the electorate wasn't full of stupid people is, "If you don't vote for me, you will get 4 more years of Biden completely unrestrained by a desire to get re-elected again."  That is enough for intelligent people to vote for him.  The biggest threat to America today, is stupid people, and they seem to be in the majority now.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

The only thing Trump would have to say if the electorate wasn't full of stupid people is, "If you don't vote for me, you will get 4 more years of Biden completely unrestrained by a desire to get re-elected again."  That is enough for intelligent people to vote for him.  The biggest threat to America today, is stupid people, and they seem to be in the majority now.

I’m glad you think it’s that easy. 

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

The biggest threat to America today, is stupid people, and they seem to be in the majority now.

The message I said should have been prioritized to parents and grandparents during the last election was; are you willing to look into your children's eyes and accept responsibility for what sort of future you allowed your hatred  to bring upon them. This morning I saw a poll being reported that 78% (+/-) of those who responded say they do not believe their children's lives will be better than the one they lived.

How very sad, stupid,  selfish, and predictable!

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I don't think it's that easy, but it should be.  Stupid people make everything difficult.

It’s not the stupid people as you say. With all these social issues Republicans are pushing they are losing votes. My wife didn’t vote in the mid terms. Has always voted Republican. Couldn’t vote for someone who thought Roe should have been overturned.  Zeldin thought it was good so she didn’t vote. She’s not the only one I know who felt that way. I think these things will come back to bite them in the ass. Think that is why there wasn’t a red wave this past November. And it could hurt them again. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boo711 said:

My wife didn’t vote in the mid terms. Has always voted Republican. Couldn’t vote for someone who thought Roe should have been overturned.  Zeldin thought it was good so she didn’t vote. She’s not the only one I know who felt that way.

Some people have conviction and stand up for what they believe in, the politicians  who change their positions to kill the unborn just to get votes are gutless slime and make me puke, the current President is the poster boy for flip flops on policy.

Al

If the repeal of Roe V. Wade made her think abortion was now illegal, she had no clue why it was repealed.  It simply took the power away from the feds and gave it back to the states, as the US Constitution demands.  If people don't think the US Constitution has to be followed and is the law of the land, they have been propagandized and need to learn the truth.

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 8:16 AM, boo711 said:

It’s not the stupid people as you say. With all these social issues Republicans are pushing they are losing votes. My wife didn’t vote in the mid terms. Has always voted Republican. Couldn’t vote for someone who thought Roe should have been overturned.  Zeldin thought it was good so she didn’t vote. She’s not the only one I know who felt that way. I think these things will come back to bite them in the ass. Think that is why there wasn’t a red wave this past November. And it could hurt them again. 

The Dems were lying about the abortion issue to get votes, as it wasn't being overturned at all by the GOP.

Your wife was misinformed and that's what Dems do best, as they have nothing to run on, which is evident in the way the country is up a creek without a paddle now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

The Dems were lying about the abortion issue to get votes, as it wasn't being overturned at all by the GOP.

Your wife was misinformed and that's what Dems do best, as they have nothing to run on, which is evident in the way the country is up a creek without a paddle now.

Lol. My wife’s pretty intelligent. She made her decision by listening to the candidates. Not by listening to the Dems. Thanks though 

Edited by boo711
  • Haha 1

I hope she doesn't decide the 2nd Amendment isn't the Rule of Law.

She should consider reading the majority opinion from the SC justices that went against Roe V. Wade and find out why they did.  Those judges are very intelligent and don't make decisions based on emotion.

Edited by Grouse

43 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I hope she doesn't decide the 2nd Amendment isn't the Rule of Law.

She should consider reading the majority opinion from the SC justices that went against Roe V. Wade and find out why they did.  Those judges are very intelligent and don't make decisions based on emotion.

It’s been read. Not by me. Trust me she understands. Thanks though 

20 minutes ago, virgil said:

This is where these threads become entertaining-

What are you doing here Virg, you have not made a post about hunting in months, another trolling closet Democrat!

How about taking your own advice from your quote below and leave us clowns alone.

Al

"i'll go back to ignoring you clowns- i forgot how sensitive and easily triggered you can be."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2