So… crushed my truck rear quarter and bumper

luberhill

Ok stupid mistake , got too close to the trailer and jackknifed and crushed my truck 

Took it to a buddy’s shop he said 1800 if I’m paying 

If it goes thru insurance it will be more like 3k or more

So I have a 500.00 deductible and have only been with this company a little over a year

Im thinking of paying out of pocket so I don’t lose the accident free discount and it doesn’t show when I trade

Thoughts ???

i just payed 2k outta pocket due to my daughter hitting my leased 2yr old truck moving my unpaid for 3 yr old honda to get her 15 yr old honda outta the driveway.  Original damage was estimated at 3.4k.  (not including dmage to 3yr old honda)

did it for the same reasons you did.  didn't want accident on record of a car i didn't own.  never been in this situation b4.  this happened in 12/2020.  Long story short i couldn't get the truck i wanted due to the chip shortage and had to buy the truck after the lease ended just to have something to drive.

i had jsut hit a pool so having available $ wasn't a big deal but now that i own it, i probably should have went thru insurance.

Plans change.

10 minutes ago, f3cbboy said:

i just payed 2k outta pocket due to my daughter hitting my leased 2yr old truck moving my unpaid for 3 yr old honda to get her 15 yr old honda outta the driveway.  Original damage was estimated at 3.4k.  (not including dmage to 3yr old honda)

did it for the same reasons you did.  didn't want accident on record of a car i didn't own.  never been in this situation b4.  this happened in 12/2020.  Long story short i couldn't get the truck i wanted due to the chip shortage and had to buy the truck after the lease ended just to have something to drive.

i had jsut hit a pool so having available $ wasn't a big deal but now that i own it, i probably should have went thru insurance.

Plans change.

My main concern is I just started with this insurance co

It probably wouldn’t be that much of a increase anyway but if I go thru insurance it will show on the carfax I would think…

If it was a bigger claim if for sure go thru insurance 

As far as I know, damage like that isn't considered an accident, which is a moving violation on the road.  I do not think it would go against you as an accident on your insurance record.  I had rodents chew up my wiring harness and it cost $3000 to repair.  I claimed it and my rates did not go up.

About 10 years ago, my wife backed her car into mine while in our driveway.  Insurance company charged us the $500 deductible times 2 (Once for each vehicle).    I called BS and told them that I would cancel the claim and file a claim through homeowners' insurance instead. (Same company) They said it would be insurance fraud, so no go.  Total damage was around $3500 on both vehicles.

A few weeks later we had a glass claim, and then a month later a car-deer accident.

Insurance provider said we were too high a risk and dropped up.   My agent shopped around and got us same coverage for vehicles & homeowners at a lower annual rate.   Best part is that it was through the same provider that dropped up due to high risk....