Fresh Snow

airedale

Got about 6 inches of fresh snow that has me mildly excited, going to try and make it 3 years in a row with a single shot I think. Time for the TC Encore with the 45-70 barrel to earn it's keep. I will be interested to see how the old 350 gr Barnes pointed soft points perform.

2020-08-13_124425.thumb.png.d3af23faaf35a9992f42afb08a978244.png

2022-11-17_201230.png

• Like 6

Just now, suburbanfarmer said:

I am recoil shy, how bad does it wallop you?

The short barrel and small scope make the rifle very light and those handloads are stiff so shooting a bunch of shots off a bench is not what I call fun, she will rattle your brain, in the field hunting however no problem. 

Al

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, airedale said:

Got about 6 inches of fresh snow that has me mildly excited, going to try and make it 3 years in a row with a single shot I think. Time for the TC Encore with the 45-70 barrel to earn it's keep. I will be interested to see how the old 350 gr Barnes pointed soft points perform.

2020-08-13_124425.thumb.png.d3af23faaf35a9992f42afb08a978244.png

2022-11-17_201230.png

My want gun if you decied to sell it ,good luck 

4 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Its not the katahdin barrel is it ?

It is a stainless 24 inch barrel, the rifle's overall length is 38 inches, light weight compact, easy carrying and it is very accurate.

For the two hole crowd I will guarantee this setup will do it.

Al

Edited by airedale

30 minutes ago, airedale said:

It is a stainless 24 inch barrel, the rifle's overall length is 38 inches, light weight compact, easy carrying and it is very accurate.

For the two hole crowd I will guarantee this setup will do it.

Al

You just reminded me of one of my old girlfriends.....Se was a THREE holer...

I sure do MISS her....<<SIGH>>....

• Haha 4

With this heavy snow I expect a change in the Deer's pattern around here, they seem to lay low for a couple of days before they get out and start moving around and adjusting to the snow. the good part is the snow will show what the pattern changes are.

Al

Edited by airedale

Got dumped on with snow pretty good over the past two days, finished up plowing and shoveling around the house then took a walk into the woods, snow was above my knees and the going was tough. I thought I would go back and get my snowshoes but the more I thought about it I decided not to. I have done tons of hunting on snowshoes for Hare but never for Deer, I did not cotton to the thought of shooting a Deer and having to pull it out in deep snow wearing snowshoes. The weather is supposed to be pretty good over the next week or so, I will just let the snow settle some for easier going. Lots of time left.

Al