Never ceases to amaze me...

chiefbkt

Gotta be honest. With the route being taken on the 2nd and the Unsafe act I can't believe some of the crap coming out of some of you guys here. Couple good candidates for tailored brown shirts.

yeah, no kidding.........you got people wanting DEC to detain and question people because they're buying corn and animal feed? aren't some of these the same people who get bent out of shape when the Police stop them for legitimate reasons?

Gotta be honest. With the route being taken on the 2nd and the Unsafe act I can't believe some of the crap coming out of some of you guys here. Couple good candidates for tailored brown shirts.

Yeah this site has had many on here that those shirts would fit just fine!   Many different threads show many different colors in some!

Wow I'm really surprised by some of you. "Cheating" aside, the main argument against baiting is spreading of disease which there is no factual basis to support since wild life already eat from the same small food sources (apples, acorns etc). Secondly, the cheating argument is nonsense also since the same people who cry foul have no problem setting up over a corn field, apple tree, oak tree or food plot. What is the difference if a farmer spills corn from a wagon and I hunt it or if I put corn there and hunt it? None.

This is actually very similar to gun control arguments. No factual evidence there is a problem but people whining about it because they don't think it's right (or fair in this case). Must be many of you are hunting in random spots with no regards to food sources.

Welcome to an opinion based forum kid……...

I was a member of this site before you were so I am fully aware of how it works.... I used to post pictures and share stories but you can't even put up a pic without someone having something negative to say.  Most guys on this forum like to preach like they have never made a bad decision in their life.  Never taken too long of a shot, never moved a single apple from one spot to another, never hunted in the rain or wind, should have let that 3 1/2yr 8pt walk,  the list goes on and on.  The criticism is unreal.... funny to listen how everyone is so perfect, really a bunch of BS. 

I do not put out bait food plots or hunt farmers fields.

Baiting as you said is defined as putting out food materials for wildlife to attract,lure, or entice them to aid in hunting. That is exactly what a food plot i. A food plot is not a food that is put out as normal farming practice. They are put out for the sole purpose to bring in animals so they can be harvested

This is a perfect example of the BS I am referring to...... I mean I don't think I really need to go any further than that! What, just because you don't have a stand on the field you're not hunting that field? (which I don't believe anyways).  As a deer hunter you HUNT FOOD SOURCES whether that be sitting on the edge of the field or sitting in the woods where they go to and from the food source.  Either way you are hunting "bait", and if you aren't you don't know much about deer hunting.  Why would a farmers alfalfa field or corn field be any different then a little clover food plot a guy puts on his property? It's all the same and we all hunt over bait if you take it to this extreme.....

Edited by njg0621

Westchesterbowman...now if you want to quote part of my comment and ask a question..several pages later than quote what I stated after someone else jumped on that....in post 52...to answer your question...Sure why not ...they more that likelywould  put the info. in their computer system and loose it any ways....

OK lol for anyone that really knows me would guess ...that was tongue in cheek or better yet a bit of sarcasm in regard to the fact a single court case in a single county magically made feeding...not baiting but feeding deer legal  ONLY in that county...but every where else the DEC can still nail the home owner for deer eating out of their bird feeder or for putting corn cobs out for squirrels.With the firm, we're changing that wording, claim made..was that ever accomplished?

Also for most that know me.....  would never think I have enough confidence that the DEC could set up such an operation in the first place....

Edited by growalot

Westchesterbowman...now if you want to quote part of my comment and ask a question..several pages later than quote what I stated after someone else jumped on that....in post 52...to answer your question...Sure why not ...they more that likelywould  put the info. in their computer system and loose it any ways....

I can tell you've put a lot of effort in to that response. I apologize for whatever I have done to you in your mind. 

BTW here's the actual point...this type of stuff depends all on who you know ....kind of like the guys that drive around with sheriff association bumper stickers...Who you make nice with at events and rub shoulders with........how many banquets your seen at ...play the game and you can haul in a 10 ton truck load of corn....... then sit over it all season and no ones going to be knocking at your door.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I was a member of this site before you were so I am fully aware of how it works.... I used to post pictures and share stories but you can't even put up a pic without someone having something negative to say.  Most guys on this forum like to preach like they have never made a bad decision in their life.  Never taken too long of a shot, never moved a single apple from one spot to another, never hunted in the rain or wind, should have let that 3 1/2yr 8pt walk,  the list goes on and on.  The criticism is unreal.... funny to listen how everyone is so perfect, really a bunch of BS. 

Thats just the way it is…Everyone has opinions. Some people will pick apart everything you say and do. The more you bitch about it  the worse it will get. Its happened to all of us.

And some of you complained about political posts.  7 pages of dribble over nothing.  I think I will start a poll to see who wants baiting posts removed from the hot list.  They sell it because people buy it and it is legal to sell here.  

And some of you complained about political posts.  7 pages of dribble over nothing.  I think I will start a poll to see who wants baiting posts removed from the hot list.  They sell it because people buy it and it is legal to sell here.  

Yup.. Its that simple. X bows are legal this year too. Start a poll about that, and the same thing will happen. People naturally debate. It is what it is.

njg I I didn't say I do not hunt food sources I said I do not put out bait or hunt farmers fields. I hunt what mother nature put out. All of my stands are deep in the woods and the closest farmers field is 3/4 of a mile away. If you like I can take you to every one of my stands and you can see for yourself. My point was that people are up in arms over someone putting out a pile of corn yet those same people are fine with hunting a pile that a farmer left or planting a patch of sugar beets and hunting over that. It is all something that would not be there if a human didn't put it there. Some are saying dumping a bag of something is a one time thing and a field or food plot is always there and that is the difference. Ok then what about putting out salt blocks? Over time it absorbs into the ground and is there for a long time. I can show you a spot a guy put salt blocks for 6 years hasn't had any there sence he passed away 4 years ago yet the deer still go there and make a mud hole in the ground getting the salt. The new owners do not hunt and do not alow hunting on the land but if they did they would have a bait to hunt over and they don't even know how it got there.

You are comparing something that is legal to something that is not.  How can there possibly be a discussion.  The powers to be say that it is legal to hunt near a food source produced by nature, but not legal to pour stuff on the ground.  And you complain about people who are doing it legally but not illegally. Your logic fails me and I am sure most.  

• Like 2

No bubba I am not complaining about people who do it legally and not people who do it illegally. I am saying there is no difference in either way so why should the ones who hunt food plots or farmers fields complain about those who put out a pile of corn. From what you are saying then none of us should complain about the safe act or our rights being taken away at every turn because the powers that be say it is legal for them to do so.

A food source produced by nature. That is my point, a food plot of sugar beets or field of corn are not produced by nature. A human had to plow the ground,plant the seed, and do what was necessary for it to grow. If it were produced by nature then it would just grow and and man would not have to do anything other set up and hunt.

I am not for or against either way of doing it. Just find it funny that when a law works in someones advantage they are ok with it yet when the same law goes against them they complain. Do not complain about someone who puts out an unnatural pile of corn or beets if you hunt over an unnatural field or food plot.

Dumping a bag of sugar beet powder on the ground is in no way the same as taking the time to plant a crop monetarily or any other way.  It is the lazy mans way to cheat.  There will always be cheaters.  When you hunt in primarily agricultural land it is tough not to hunt near a food source.  My biggest plot is right next to the area on my land where no one is allowed.  A deer sanctuary  so to speak.  I also plant many acres of alfalfa and clover I bale for my beef cows.  Should I not hunt anywhere near those fields?  I also supply a food source for the deer for the winter.  last winter if they did not have that, I would not be seeing many deer this year.  So many more aspects to crop planting that benefit the herd than pouring a bag of minerals on the ground and waiting for the deer to come to it.  By your logic most of the state should not be allowed to be hunted.  As I have said many times.  real hunting is not like it is portrayed on tv.  Sit over a bait pile and wait. 

If you think nature plays no role in if a field of corn a farmer plants, watch what happens when mother nature does not supply the right weather to make it grow.  Again your logic here is flawed.  I spent close to 400 dollars in clover alfalfa and forager turnip seed this spring.  So far so good as far as growing weather. and it looks like it will all prosper this year.  If not I am not only out she seed money, but I would be buying hay and feed for the winter for my cattle.  Nature can be your best friend or worst enemy as far as crop production goes.  She decides whether the filed grows or not, not you.  

Edited by bubba
  • Like 1

Hunting over or near a farmers field is the same as hunting over a pile of stuff you just poured out of a bag, that was processed in a factory specifically to attract deer to that one  location.

I don't get that at all. But thats just me.

I never said hunting fields or food plots was not ok. I said the people who plant food plots for deer should not be complaining about someone who pours a bag of feed on the ground. Neither thing got there by nature and they were both put there to draw in deer for the harvest. No hunting in real life isn't like it is on tv with there bait piles AND FOOD PLOTS. Where do you think the food plot craze started.

You seem to think I am all for baiting with a bag of feed. I am not yet I am not for hunting a food plot either. Plant a food plot or dump a bag. Both ways you are drawing deer into someplace they probably do not normally go so you can get a chance to shoot them. Hunting is going out and finding the deer not sitting and waiting for them to come in and eat what you put out for them at the same time every day.

I walked into Bass Pro Shops (Auburn) yesterday to get some glue and blazers for some arrows.  On my way back to the archery dept I pass a pallet of "Deer Corn" in 50lb bags for $9.99.  Clearly labeled as such.  The thing that gets me is I must have seen 3-5 guys with 1 or more bags of the "Deer Corn" in their carts.  There was actually one guy with 5 or 6 bags.  Amazes me how these big stores sell all the attractants that are illegal here and get away with it.  It amazed me more that people will actually purchase it knowing it isn't legal.  I'm sure these are the guys that have a dozen wall hangers that they painstakingly hunted day in and day out for...or just sat over their pile of corn. 

that's a pretty rough generalization that everyone with wall hangers is a cheater... sounds like you've been drinking some haterade. I'm not promoting baiting, just not a fan of your last comment.