I would like some input building food plots for hunters

Landowner

I would like your input.

My wife wants me to earn extra $$.

I'm thinking of making/building food plots for poeple who would like one put in but don't have the means or eqiupment to do so. Do you think this could work for a small bussiness? To earn extra cash? Here are some pictores of my food plot.

landowner

post-336-13145538011_thumb.jpg

post-336-131455380125_thumb.jpg

post-336-131455380136_thumb.jpg

post-336-131455380156_thumb.jpg

Nice pics.  You could def.  earn so extra dough I think.  But you would have to make more then what you would spend on equipment.  I'm pretty sure there is a small disc sold a Bass Pro that can be pulled with a 4 wheeler.  I believe its under a 1000 dollars.  I'm not positive on this though but its what my buddy told me.

I assume you already have the equipment needed to do this and the transportation vehicles required to take equipment to customer sites. It looks like you did a dandy job on your own plot, so apparently you do have the skills.

Is there a market for such a service? ....... I have to believe that there is. It all depends on whether you can keep the costs controlled to make your offer tempting to a landowner.

I can only imagine the different scenarios that potential customers might throw at you. Remote locations, some land clearing, perhaps land that has never been tilled before, that might be full of rocks and downed trees, etc.

I think it might be a pretty interesting, challenging and potentially financially rewarding side-line.

Doc

If you already have the equipment, then why not give it a try and see how it goes. I've seen other guys advertising this service. I have my own equipment, but honestly hate doing it (repairs, maintenance, time, etc...). If I had the $, I'd gladly pay someone else to do it for me!!

I think it would be worth a shot. I would make sure to look the property over closely before giving them a price....rocky, clay, etc. will make a difference. What do you do for a guarantee? What if it doesn't rain, or it just rains a little and you have a poor crop? Will you be on the hook?

it could def. work out for you..Infact Ive used a guy 2 years ago to till a couple of plots on my land...I live out of state and own a deer camp in NY...As we expanded our food plot program we just dont have the equipment to do larger plots...the 4 wheeler and its equipment can only do so much...with the cost of fuel to haul larger equipment up there and the limited time to get up there in the off season...it just makes sense for us to hire someone local to do some of the larger plots for us...Im sure there are a whole lot of other guys that are in the same boat as me that will use a service like that