How long have you been hunting

Borngeechee

Statered when I was 9-10 my cousin took me Turkey hunting , then it grew to deer hunting , then he got into bow hunting when I was 14 , his brother my other cousin took me along coyote hunting with our uncle then eventually that stuck and me and my uncle do every thing toegther now , salmon fish , steelhead ,walleye, ice fish, run coyotes with dogs ,deer hunt, ill be 20 in March and wouldn't be the Hunter I am or person I am today if it wasn't for those 3 people , now I intend to pass it on the same to other youths,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was 12 and tagged along with my brother and his friend. They hunted out on eastern L.I. for grouse and rabbits. It was great, I was their bird dog! lol Now 39 years later I still hunt out east but most hunting done in the Finger lakes region. Damn I'm getting old……...

• Like 1

My first hunting expedition was when I was 11 years old. I built a pretty darn nice hickory longbow, and with my willow arrows, went up in the loft of our barn and spent the afternoon getting two pigeons. I cleaned them and my Mother cooked them up. That was my first hunt. It's now 59 years later, and I still use a bow as my preferred weapon for my hunting.

• Like 2

I was 10 and started going with my day hunting rabbits, then went to deer with both gun and bow. That was 63 years ago and still love the sport. I no longer have dogs so no small game as my legs are bad. But still take and shoot the bow most days for a few arrows and hunt deer with both bow and gun. MY wife says I do this just to get out of the house and take long naps in the woods....

• Like 2

I started to hunt pheasants with a neighbor when i was 15, I had to lie about my age to get a license as my parents didn't hunt and wouldn't sign my application for a license. I did some deer hunting with my older brother when i got home from college, now I hunt turkey in the spring, bow and gun for deer in the fall. Been going at it now 46 years, I never stop learning about hunting wild animals, every trip into the woods is a new experience. Take your time and enjoy it all.

Bought my first gun at the old age of 16  , had to give my uncle - a world war 2 vet - the money ($80) and he went to Jamesway in Catskill and picked up my 30-30 Winchester #94 . He proceeded to teach me how to use it and I went deer hunting that season .   Over 40 years ago and I still use the 30-30 !

• Like 1

Dang first time I've felt young in a long time!..Lots of experience here you younger guys......... about 45...got say though...back then I'm thinking a good many of us kids hunting squirrel...weren't so legal and it wasn't a big deal in our area....

Edited by growalot

52 years, unless you count my time terrorizing the local songbird/chipmunk population with my Daisy BB gun, which would make it closer to 58 years.

My dad, uncles, and most adult males I knew were hunters, so I just kind of came by it naturally. Growing up in a very rural area, hunting and fishing were some of the prime pasttimes..

• Like 2

I'm a late bloomer too. Although I married into a hunting family and have been in it for nearly 30 years (dated my wife for 8 yrs married for 22) I started hunting in 2007, so it's only been 7 years for me and I started with Turkey. But I just got my 13 yr old son into it so God willing I plan on hunting the next 30 years with him!

• Like 1