Anyone getting tags today?

Hock3y24

I went first thing this morning about 8am and got in before the big box stores opened.  Got my tags and my 2 permits easy peasy.

HOWEVER

Went back about 2pm with my daughter and the system had crashed.  No DMP's and this one is too funny, there was no listing for Junior Archery on the web site at all.

May go try again in a day or so.

This just posted on DEC site:

Please Note: We are experiencing unexpected results with the deer management selection process and therefore we are suspending DMP sales while we resolve the issue. All other items for the 2014/15 license year remain available for sale. We hope to have the DMP issue resolved shortly, and we will keep you apprised. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

If they would have just left things alone, we would not have these problems. Un-bundle the

license system and then add up the total for the individual licenses and guess what? No one

cent savings for me.

What a bunch of crap. Thanks Andy

• Like 1

Bunch a horse sh$& if ya ask me... First word outa her mouth was dmp's are down , ok bought everything else , printed out on last years yellow paper! Didn't even know what this years color was going to be! Anyone know? I said well when you do get the new paper in can I have u reprint it? Oh, that's the dec's problem the license number us correct... No no no, in not NOT walkin around with last seasons colors on my back , more bullshit I don't nead when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself in the woods. " well I don't know what to tell ya" ... F'n great , gander can suck a fat one , nothin but incompitant a holes... Thank god for cabelas cause I miss bass pro where employees were peers not someone lookin for a paycheck n thats it!

Funny, I walked into the shop and said I was here for a license and she said something about fishing.  I said, "No, I want a hunting license".  She replies, "They don't go on sale till next week".  I say, "Ma'am, yes they do", and explained the reasoning the DEC is doing it today.  She still didn't believe me until she fired up the computer.  She was pissed, that nobody from the DEC told them.

I would stay away until it is official. I remember the first year they printed them out on that roll. The machine stewed up, the computer said I had all my tags but I had nothing in hand. Store called the DEC and they mailed my tags to me but it took a while and really I was sweating bullets hoping they would get to me in time.

If they would have just left things alone, we would not have these problems. Un-bundle the

license system and then add up the total for the individual licenses and guess what? No one

cent savings for me.

What a bunch of crap. Thanks Andy

I think if you got the supersportsman and bow and ML and DMP's you save $1 now. lol. the out of staters had a very large reduction.

I got my doe tags yesterday and thankfully for the areas I wanted. I used the new Acela online system because I stumbled on it a while ago and decided to use it even though it was convoluted (https://aca.dec.accela.com/dec/). Also there is no "Sportsman" anymore. Then, after I submitted the application, I called  866-933-2257 just to make sure it went through. Then, I called the DMP "Hotline" to see if I got the areas I wanted for the tags: 866-472-4332. Anyway, maybe easier methods but this worked and got me the areas I wanted so I thought I would share. 

Also, if you want a map with gridlines of the areas in case you're going somewhere new, one way is to look here: http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/deerforecastr8.pdf (see the #8..just put in the number of the area you want to see...I'm sure it's in an index somewhere but I don't have it right now... but this works. So that link above is for Region 8. You can then take the little image and blow it up). And also http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8302.html

Edited by NYHuntFish

Xbows used during last two weeks of early bow season (SZ), you'll need the ML tag. Any other SZ season, the regular license covers them. Also need to get cert from rules/regs booklet or online, fill out and keep on you.

Went to Town Clerk ~9AM Monday and had not problem, other than I was their guinea pig (1st). Okay, so it printed on yellow, who cares? It says 2014-15 above the tag's ID# right on it! Hunt in 8F, so DMPs are almost automatic, got 2X. Even with huge increases in 2014 DMPs (Region 8 ), still need to wait until Nov 1st for any leftovers.

Edited by nyslowhand

Dec posted on Facebook asking hunters to give the system some time before going to get tags, they went on sale today however.

If it isn't ready now, why not wait until it is? If they won't be ready for a few weeks, wait a few weeks to open the system. Opening now, but asking people to wait just causes confusion.

Gotta love a bureaucracy. As my dad used to say "they can screw up a bowling ball."