Deer processing

deerhunter1699

one of my neighbors are vegetarians

But I'm assuming you're not. It's perfectly legal. So what if he's a salad shooter, your neighbor just didn't evolve to the top of the food chain. Lol

Here's 1 tip for ya. If possible, try to skin them while they're still warm. It makes it easier plus it allows the meat to cool faster.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Nothing like doing it yourself, it really takes the entire experience full circle. If your worried about the neighbors, use a tree limb & rope in the field to at least to quarter it, remove back-straps and don't forget about the tenderloins! Bring it home, get consent for what your about to do (if necessary), slap the 1/4's on the table, get on youtube for a how-to, grab a knife and begin learning.

If you decide to jump in here is my biggest tip - Buy a food saver (if you don't already have one) & a roll of plastic to make custom sized bags. Then, pack small packets( enough for one or two people, esp if your the only one eating it). It will last you longer, with less waste this way. Also, take the time to remove any & all fat, including sliver skin, so you don't have to do it later. 

You may also feel a deeper respect for the animal when you do everything.