2014 HuntingNY Deer Contest

Here's my 2cents worth... How soon we forget the last & painful deer contest! :fie:

On the web, anything other than a random draw or a membership voting for the winner would be open to controversy!!

Make the rules as you wish, my only suggestion is a pre-registration well in advance of any NZ/SZ deer season openings!

Here's my 2cents worth... How soon we forget the last & painful deer contest! :fie:

On the web, anything other than a random draw or a membership voting for the winner would be open to controversy!!

Make the rules as you wish, my only suggestion is a pre-registration well in advance of any NZ/SZ deer season openings!

You can rest assured this contest will be a success. Just look at the spring turkey contest each year. Members love it and it's a bunch of fun.

• Like 3

Just throwing this out there off the top of my head. Something along these lines....

5pts for an archery kill (recurve, compound, xbow, etc.)

3pts for a gun kill (shotgun, rifle, muzzloader, etc.)

1pt for each legal point

1pt for each inch of spread (either inside or outside, and picture must show ruler)

Few examples:

1. 8 pointer with a 15" spread shot with a compound = 28 points.
  2. 10 pointer with a 15" spread shot with a rifle = 28 points.
  3. 6 pointer with a 17" spread shot with an Xbow = 28 points.

I just like to be inclusive. I can see the steam rising from his head already. lol

We should also have a prize for the neatest job wrapping a deer in plastic before placing him in the carpeted bed of your sissy truck (culver if you win that bad boy buggy?) - Nah, we can just dirty Phade's truck.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there off the top of my head. Something along these lines....

5pts for an archery kill (recurve, compound, xbow, etc.)

3pts for a gun kill (shotgun, rifle, muzzloader, etc.)

1pt for each legal point

1pt for each inch of spread (either inside or outside, and picture must show ruler)

Few examples:

• 8 pointer with a 15" spread shot with a compound = 28 points.
  • 10 pointer with a 15" spread shot with a rifle = 28 points.
  • 6 pointer with a 17" spread shot with an Xbow = 28 points.

Does are gonna count as well, but you are describing something similar to where i am going with it.

• Like 1