Stayed in bed this morning

luberhill

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Stayed home myself . On the way to church we had near white out conditions. Watched a car spin out at 40 mph . Dumb ass.

It cracks me up how people drive with the first snow of the year. How long have they lived here ?? Here’s your sign .. 

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

It cracks me up how people drive with the first snow of the year. How long have they lived here ?? Here’s your sign .. 

I laugh more when I see almost every vehicle off the road is a 4x4 suv or truck

While I’m driving my 2 wheel drive car 100 miles for work :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First-light said:

We went out. In the stand by 6. By 7 I was covered in snow and lasted another 2 hours. You guys made the right choice!

We went out also and buddy shoots a pretty 10 walking in with his daughter after daylight. Nothing special but nice 10 and he just laid in his bed looking at them like a snowshoe rabbit or something. Thinking they could not see him I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

We went out also and buddy shoots a pretty 10 walking in with his daughter after daylight. Nothing special but nice 10 and he just laid in his bed looking at them like a snowshoe rabbit or something. Thinking they could not see him I guess. 

Was it snowing?  Deer sense are #1 nose, #2 ears, & #3 eyes.  The opposite of humans.  Probably heard them, could not sufficiently see them, and did not smell them.

3 hours ago, DoubleDose said:

Was it snowing?  Deer sense are #1 nose, #2 ears, & #3 eyes.  The opposite of humans.  Probably heard them, could not sufficiently see them, and did not smell them.

Yeah snowing. Buck just laid there looking at them. Definitely saw them. They said he was alert looking at them. Almost like he was waiting for them to turn towards him or something before he bolted.  100 yard shotgun shot thru the woods.

• Like 1

My philosophy is hunting time is limited, and there arent any deer in the cabin. I have taken some of my best deer in the most miserable conditions. I have to admit I love to hunt the slop. That said, I do not go out with high winds ...risk of falling branches, etc. I wont say I enjoy goint out in the crappy stuff, but you do what you have to do. That said, I would much rather hunt the calm right after the storm.

• Like 3