VIDEO: SCORPYD ORION

TheFieldArcher

Scorpyd is quiet out of the box, the Limbsaver X-Bow kit will quiet it down even more... got the new Broadband on order.

First, how the heck do you cheek wield that thing with the auto cocker? Seems like it gets in the way?

Oh, and how many months financing is available? 60? 72? I've bought cars that cost less. :)

First, how the heck do you cheek wield that thing with the auto cocker? Seems like it gets in the way?

Oh, and how many months financing is available? 60? 72? I've bought cars that cost less. :)

The cocker housing actually makes a nice rest... price wise, not the most expensive! And what ever floats your boat, some guys will spend more than 10 X that on a gun... and then X 2 fine tuning their gun just the way they want it!

Don't get me wrong guys! I'm likely to buy one of these eventually. Kinda waiting for NY to get its act together and allow xbows for the entire archery season. When that happens I'll be unloading my bow and current xbow (reverse limb Horton) and buying one of these. But damn, they are expensive!!

Nice to hear the cocker doesn't prevent a good cheek wield.

Edited by Zhe Wiz

Don't get me wrong guys! I'm likely to buy one of these eventually. Kinda waiting for NY to get its act together and allow xbows for the entire archery season. When that happens I'll be unloading my bow and current xbow (reverse limb Horton) and buying one of these. But damn, they are expensive!!

Nice to hear the cocker doesn't prevent a good cheek wield.

You can order the Orion without the AcuDraw and save $$$, I have a Ventilator 125 and had no problem cocking the 125 LBS with the short direct pull cocker... well, the 150 LBS is not bad either with the short handle cocker! If you have no issues with your back or shoulders, you really don't need the AcuDraw.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah this oughta get the anti crossbow hunters foaming at the mouth! It's a gun! It's a Bow! No look It's a reasonable hunter taking an ethical shot with just another tool.

Let the fur fly!

ha. 1911 style pistol grips, auto cocker and scope will throw us off a little wont it?

I think this looks great for the disabled or elderly hunter and I'll leave it at that.

Not knowing much about crossbows when do you crank that thing up to shoot?

Before you head into your stand...

so you dont get busted drawing silly ;)

Edited by Belo

Like a compound hunter in a ground blind with shoot thru windows?

Or 20 ft up in a tree?

i'm just happy i can smoke a cig and drink a beer now while i pull the trigger

Leave poor Belo alone. He's still hurt that his beloved "tradition" (compound bow = tradition??) is nearly dead. Poor thing.

tradition can be anything to anyone regardless of length of time. i will continue to hunt with a compound. you can hunt with what you want. the compound is not dying. you will see most records and serious hunters continue to use them.

Edited by Belo