Anyone own a Tikka .t3

tibio

A few years ago I decided I wanted a 9.3 x 62...

I tried to order one in a Tikka because I had good reports on the quality/accuracy and they make rifles in that chambering.

I was told that they would only import rifles in that caliber to the states in lots of FIVE...

Shucks... I couldn't find 5 people who had ever even HEARD of a 9.3x62, much less 5 guys who wanted to buy one.

I ended up buying one in a CZ 550...Good price, fine quality and scary accurate.

• 1 month later...

Our group has 5 Tikka T3's.

On fellow shoots a synthetic stainless in .270 and loves it.

My hunting partner has a wood stocked T3 in .260 rem. and it is a tack driver (he would hunt with it but likes his sako .308 better).

He also just got a heavy barrel stainless T3 in .204 to play with, love reloading.

I have a T3 stainless lite in .204 for the same reason.

My favorite Tikka is my T3 compact lite in .308 win.  Its a blued gun with a 12 1/2" length of pull and a spacer to bring it out to 13 1/2".  It is a tack driver with 168 Amax's and my hunting bullet a 165 grain Woodleigh.

The shorter LOP helps my because of my size but I only used it in the late season where it really helps when wearing a lot of heavy clothes, helps get the full field of view through the scope in the late seasons.  May try carrying it during begining of the northern zone rifle season.  It weight 6 7/8 lbs. with a 2-7 redfield and mounts and will be a joy up and down in the Adirondack's.

• 3 weeks later...