Time for this guy to put the bow down

oblivitar

We all have made mistakes while bow hunting for deer. A bad shot is going to happen at some point in your career, but it should bother you that it happened. I have rushed a shot and wounded a deer, it ripped me to bits inside knowing that I made this mistake. I practice constantly through the off season and during season to minimize the chance of a misplaced arrow. I am very confident in hitting a quarter size bullseye at 40 yards and I wont take a shot further than that, nor will I shoot if there could be a chance that my arrow wont hit the mark. There will always be another chance at a shot in the future and its not worth the risk to me. I go by the idea when practicing or hunting "aim small, miss small" "aim big, miss big". Pick a hair and cut it in half.

I never knew that you could double lung a deer and hit the deer in the spine in the same shot with an arrow. Any thoughts or information on this?

• Like 2

I do not think I would post those videos.  Here look how bad I can shoot!  Arg Funny how his daughter nailed it!  That was painful to watch. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. His daughter must practice more than him. He should have made his title "Where to NOT hit a deer with an arrow" instead of reviewing broad heads.

The guy is a real hunter . He shot a doe by a fence next to a feeder and shoots a buck under a tri-pod feeder . Check out more of his videos ? You gotta be kidding !

That's how they hunt in TX. There is no food plots and baiting is legal. Plus they are covered up with deer, like fleas really. I couldn't bring myself to hunt over a feeder when I hunted in TX. It just felt wrong to me. I did some scouting and found some trails and bedding near a good crop of acorns. They were teeny tiny acorns but millions of them. So I set up there to hunt, and locals thought I was crazy to not hunt over a feeder. To each their own,

wow, stupid is as stupid does... lol  he probly thought he was actually providing some objective infromation , but clearly not, bad shot after bad shot, one has to wonder , after fifty or so practice shots and you still cant average a good kill shot, re-evaluate yourself!!!! haha cant believe he produced this video and probly feels like a dope for posting it... i know 12 year olds that can make a better shot on a 23 yd doe calm as all get out feeding at a feeder without a gut shot in the hind quarter... 

That's how they hunt in TX. There is no food plots and baiting is legal. Plus they are covered up with deer, like fleas really. I couldn't bring myself to hunt over a feeder when I hunted in TX. It just felt wrong to me. I did some scouting and found some trails and bedding near a good crop of acorns. They were teeny tiny acorns but millions of them. So I set up there to hunt, and locals thought I was crazy to not hunt over a feeder. To each their own,

post-5180-0-05208300-1408069654_thumb.jp

post-5180-0-23464600-1408069656_thumb.jp

I watched till around the 5 minute mark.Its like rubbing sand in my eyes,we all make a bad shot from time to time but he definitely has a pattern.That pattern is his kids are better shots than he is!!LOL In all seriousness though I have made some crappy shots also,but it looks like to me at least that he recovered all the deer he talked about.

this guys an ass  shot a spike thinking it was a doe come how hard is it to see spikes on a deer he's not seeing the whole deer just the back in my opinion I had to stop watching it he should never hunt with a bow or a gunthis guys an ass  shot a spike thinking it was a doe come how hard is it to see spikes on a deer he's not seeing the whole deer just the back in my opinion I had to stop watching it he should never hunt with a bow or a gun