Doe question

Borngeechee

So can you buy more than one doe tag in order to get the area you want if it wasn't accepted for a previous doe

You can apply for two. In the same area or different areas. You can get both or you could be denied for one or both depending on the area you are applying for. I didn't get the "antler less only" tag until I bought my lifetime muzzleloader license. Not sure if that is the tag you are referring to. You can apply for leftover dmp's on Nov 1 for any that are left over for certain areas

If you only purchase the big game regular season license, you only get one buck tag.

You can apply for up to 2 doe tags and you specify the wildlife management unit you want the tags for.  They can be for the same WMU or for different WMU.  It is not a first come first serve basis.  It is a lotto system for a set number of tags.  If you apply and is denied, you accumulate points.  The more points you accumulate the higher the chance of you getting a doe tag the next year.  I believe the WMU for Sterling Forest is 3P.

Often, hunters get every single tag they can get to maximize their chances even if they're only planning on taking a couple of deer during the season.  I know I do.  But then they'll get lucky and reach their goal very early into the season and so are nice enough to give any extra remaining tags they have left to others.

Note:  Only DMP tags can be signed over to others.

Often, hunters get every single tag they can get to maximize their chances even if they're only planning on taking a couple of deer during the season. I know I do. But then they'll get lucky and reach their goal very early into the season and so are nice enough to give any extra remaining tags they have left to others.

Note: Only DMP tags can be signed over to others.

I bought a 3r doe tag just in case. I wanted a 3p one but prob won't use it

I have always gotten my 3P, but I have yet to purchase this years' license.

May have something to do with it being in almost in my back yard.

Borngeechee,

There are usually extra 3M's after Nov. 1.  That will get you a tag for doe in Stewart, Huckleberry Ridge, and Pochuck State Forest.

Not sure where you could go with a 3R unless you have access to private land in Rockland county.

The biggest state land in Rockland is the Bear Mountain/Harriman State park in which no hunting is permitted.

You will either need to trade or start knocking on doors on the few remaining farms in Rockland.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two years ago I got both my dmp's in 3p last year no such luck, I'm going to buy my license this weekend and will be applying for 3p and 3n either one will work for me. Since I am more concerned with filling my freezer than getting antlers, I can always use my buck tag and take a doe in westchester if it comes down to

It!