WTF!! License Issuing Problem

letinmfly

Ummmmm why would you want your lic. on camo anyhow? I had just shot a doe a few yrs ago and took the tag out and fillled it in. I set the tag on the deer and turned to my butt pack to get my knife out. Turned around and the tag was gone. A gust of wind had blown it off the deer. After 45 min of searching I finally found it 20 ft from the deer. Color of the tag was brown. you drop a camo one you will prolly never find it. I dont even touch my lic. now till Im ready to pull the deer back to the car. I wont unattach it from the rest of the tags till im loading deer in the car either. Id take yellow or orange any day over camo.

Lost a tag once. The bright yellow saved me. If the back tags are camo why do we even need them?

• Like 1

If you did it online on the new DEC website where you choose the areas for the first and second choice it tells you right then if you will get it or not.

It gives you the chances of getting it but as to whether I actually got them or not it said pending or something like that.

Ummmmm why would you want your lic. on camo anyhow? I had just shot a doe a few yrs ago and took the tag out and fillled it in. I set the tag on the deer and turned to my butt pack to get my knife out. Turned around and the tag was gone. A gust of wind had  blown it off the deer. After 45 min of searching I finally found it 20 ft from the deer. Color of the tag was brown. you drop a camo one you will prolly never find it. I dont even touch my lic. now till Im ready to pull the deer back to the car. I wont unattach it from the rest of the tags till im loading deer in the car either. Id take yellow or orange any day over camo.

The DEC probably figured that if people are dumb enough to buy camo phone cases , camo wattets , camo flashlights , etc that they would probably like camo tags .... :fie:

• Like 1

The DEC probably figured that if people are dumb enough to buy camo phone cases , camo wattets , camo flashlights , etc that they would probably like camo tags .... :fie:

still just doesn't make sense. The idea i thought was to identify a hunter and report anything he's doing wrong or to know that he's properly licensed. so if it's camo how does that help?

I'll guess that the DEC was thinking of hunters who hunt in full camo, duck huntin, turkey, bow hunting, folks that don't want a bright color on their back.  On the other side if you want to be seen. you'll have orange hat and vest.  This is just a guess.

still just doesn't make sense. The idea i thought was to identify a hunter and report anything he's doing wrong or to know that he's properly licensed. so if it's camo how does that help?

I am surprised they are not orange.  Oh wait that is for next year I understand

I got my license today! Question tho, this is the first year i bought the lifetime, I only have my bow/mz either sex tag and reg season deer, last year when I had my super sportsman I also had a bow/mz antlerless tag. Why am I missing that this time? Also, I did my dmp last week, so I'm guessing that will be mailed separately?

In case anyone was wondering.....I just spoke with the DEC and the lifetime bow gives you the bow/mz either sex tag, but you also need a mz privilege to get the bow/mz anterless tag.  I guess I didn't realize that the super sportsman included the mz privilege.  I went ahead and ordered the lifetime mz too cause I wanted the tag for more options plus id like to get involved in mz at some point in my hunting career.