Site Suggestions & Comments

The site is wonky tonight........I keep getting logged out and I went to "LIKE" a post and it said "oops" or something to that effect.  Maybe it was "sorry"?  I don't recall.........................

Some wiring in the Home Base Server is frayed, me thinks.

• 1 month later...

FYI - I attempted to "Like this" first thing this morning, and I received a notice stating that I've reached my 25 likes for the day.  It was my first "Like this" of the day, however.

I don't think I was near 25 "Like this" yesterday (I could be wrong), but maybe the server is on a different date/time than EST?  My guess is that all users will have a clean slate starting at 12:00 a.m.

I attempted to refresh my browser and click the "Like this" button again, but received the error.

If there's a history of "Like this" stemming from my account since 12:00 a.m., 10/17 there might be an issue with my account/user profile.

I'm using Firefox 49.0.1 on a mac.

Thanks very much for all the work and help!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Elmo said:

I'm being capped at 10 likes per day.  10 likes is not nearly enough, especially once gun season is in full swing.

I agree! I'm always out of "likes"! This time of year, I "like" everything!  More "likes" please?

• Like 3

On 10/26/2016 at 0:09 PM, grampy said:

I agree! I'm always out of "likes"! This time of year, I "like" everything!  More "likes" please?

It's taken me several days to "thank" everyone who congratulated me on my thread by "liking" their post and I'm still not done!

Edited by Elmo
spell check
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, Elmo said:

It's taken me several days to "thank" everyone who congratulated me on my thread by "liking" their post and I'm still not done!

I think that is the universe's way  of telling you we really should all be getting fruit baskets from you, not just a "like this" click  button response. ;)

• Like 1

I'd like to see something more on tracking and reading sign, I see a big emphasis on cameras and planting food and much less talk about woodsman skills and actual hunting and this ground is perfect for reading sign, perfect.

then again you don't see ice cream in the flavor of Burnt Hair because there is no interest in that...it is very very different in this NY world, perhaps there is no interest in these things here.

6 hours ago, slickrockpack said:

I'd like to see something more on tracking and reading sign, I see a big emphasis on cameras and planting food and much less talk about woodsman skills and actual hunting and this ground is perfect for reading sign, perfect.

then again you don't see ice cream in the flavor of Burnt Hair because there is no interest in that...it is very very different in this NY world, perhaps there is no interest in these things here.

I would like to see that as well. But, no need for a separate category, there's the "General Hunting" forum for people to post that in. Start a topic up slickrockpack, Pretty sure many of the members on here would chime in.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 9:44 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

I sent a paypal payment for one of the supporting member options back on 10/28. I haven't heard anything yet. Sent a message to John a day or two later but haven't gotten a reply yet. Did you guys receive the paypal payment? It shows as pending still on my account.

Is this worked out yet Jerry?

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 9:44 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

I sent a paypal payment for one of the supporting member options back on 10/28. I haven't heard anything yet. Sent a message to John a day or two later but haven't gotten a reply yet. Did you guys receive the paypal payment? It shows as pending still on my account.

I guess this transaction "went bad" so to speak. I just was looking at my Paypal account and see that the invoice expired, and I was never charged. I like using the site and would like to contribute. Haven't gotten a response to messages about it either.

For you folks that have contributed to the site, were you able to complete the transaction?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I guess this transaction "went bad" so to speak. I just was looking at my Paypal account and see that the invoice expired, and I was never charged. I like using the site and would like to contribute. Haven't gotten a response to messages about it either.

For you folks that have contributed to the site, were you able to complete the transaction?

Jerry........I don't recall how I paid mine but I'm sure the transaction went through.  I use Paypal also and assume that's what I used??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...