Site Suggestions & Comments

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty new here but for what it's worth I'll throw in my 2 scents. I'd like to see a forum dedicated to hunting in the Big Woods like the Adirondacks.

Specifically, I'd like to hear from people who do not hunt around farms and have to travel a mile into the back country to hunt. I'm interested in how they hunt weather it's still hunting or using stands, what deer sign they're seeing, how the mountains effect the wind, etc.

I've watched this site for a little over a year now looking for helpful information and although I have gotten plenty of it, a lot of it is misleading due to the fact the 90% of the posts are from those who are not hunting the sawn type of terrain as I am.

This site already has a similar forum. I'm referring to the regions portion of the site. I think the problem with that though is there are so few of us posting that when you divide it into the different northern regions the posters don't always see others you have that same mentality in common and so the threads don't gain much traction.

If all of that info was gathered into one forum, I think it might get followed more closely. IMO.

I'm pretty new here but for what it's worth I'll throw in my 2 scents. I'd like to see a forum dedicated to hunting in the Big Woods like the Adirondacks.

Specifically, I'd like to hear from people who do not hunt around farms and have to travel a mile into the back country to hunt. I'm interested in how they hunt weather it's still hunting or using stands, what deer sign they're seeing, how the mountains effect the wind, etc.

I've watched this site for a little over a year now looking for helpful information and although I have gotten plenty of it, a lot of it is misleading due to the fact the 90% of the posts are from those who are not hunting the sawn type of terrain as I am.

This site already has a similar forum. I'm referring to the regions portion of the site. I think the problem with that though is there are so few of us posting that when you divide it into the different northern regions the posters don't always see others you have that same mentality in common and so the threads don't gain much traction.

If all of that info was gathered into one forum, I think it might get followed more closely. IMO.

We could add a deep woods hunting subsection as a test and see what traction it gets.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk