$1000 Muzzleloader

UpstateNomad90

wow, can they suck any more life out of what is supposed to be a primitive sport?

Yeah..Its starting to get stupid. 300 yard performance? Can the same be said of the 30-30, 35 Rem., 32 Win. special and some other center fires?

Hype,most muzzleloader will do 200-250 if the shooter spends the time working on the load and seeing where it shoots,I can shoot 300 with my Savage 10ML2 on the range but wouldn't take a shot at a game animal that far.To much to go wrong and murphy routinely kicks me in the balls!!!HA

• Like 4

It would seem to me that their graph is a bit skewed ...OK a lot skewed to their benifit... They claim 2400 feet per sec. With  an ultra magnum load. I am getting around 2100 with a 80 grains of black horn, pushing a 245 grain Barnes spitfire mz..Of course if my gun was zeroed at what looks to be  maybe 35 yards  then of course it would drop an astonishing 86 inches. instead of 150 yard zero.Bad marketing job. If I am not mistaken didnt remimngton have a lot of troubles with the 700 series rifles and the saftey on them malfunctioning.. Huge cover-up by remington lawsuits and what not....I would rather buy two new guns... or a savage ...They have stoped production on the 10 ml...

• 1 year later...

Although not a fan I think there ignition system takes care of burning all four pellets.

I am unsure if bh209 is recommended or not it .

. Not sure if their system will burn pellets any better. There is just so much time for ignition. Take a 28 inch barrel and put 150 loose I it. Shoot over snow and look and see how much unburned powder you will see in the snow. Pellets burn harder than loose

Anyone else think this Remington Muzzleloader is a bit steep? I saw an ad online and have to say i'm not really that impressed with the gun and what they claim it can do. Is that 50 Gr. really worth it? 

http://ultimatemuzzleloader.com/

It will sell like hotcakes simply because its the latest a greatest new muzzleloader... caters to all the hunters that think spending more money makes you a better shot..lol

• Like 1

So they are selling a single shot M700 with a ramrod for $1000?

There's a sucker born every minute.

Just buy a used M700 in 458 WIN Mag,  cut off some 458 Win Mag cases  & then load it from the muzzle.

With the brass sized properly, there's no reason you couldn't use smokeless powder either. Why mess with pellets?

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

my ProHunter wasn't cheap but it's a 300 yard gun.  wouldn't shoot at game that far though.  I'm some shooters will get timid after the first shot with that extra 50 grains.  got to be pretty dirty too.  out past 130 I don't get a really efficient clean burn.

I think any muzzle loader bought today can shoot 300 yards, you don't need to shell out big bucks for it. Just practice and more practice.

Also don't shoot smoke less out of any muzzloader unless it is intended to do so.

Bubba, I'm pretty sure Remington s ignition is intended to burn all the pellets, they copied the Keith Johnson ultimate design. I'm sure maybe a little powder can be seen in the snow at times with loose powder, maybe I'm wrong.

Hankens makes a sweet ml if your looking to blow some bucks.

http://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/rifles.html

Edited by sbuff

Buy what you can afford and shoot a lot till you know the gun well. I have seen cheap guns that were as accurate as expensive ones. Just kick like mules because their light.

I couldn't agree more. This is the philosophy my hunting buddy had for me when I started using a M/loader two yrs. ago. He's hunted with one for yrs. I bought a T/C Impact at a real fair price and put a good scope on it ..... worked on the load and spent a decent amount of time on the bench/rest getting confident with it. I've killed two deer with it.

Also don't shoot smoke less out of any muzzloader unless it is intended to do so.

http://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/rifles.html

This is not a muzzle loader, it is a center fire rifle loaded from the muzzle. It meets the definition of most states as far as a legal weapon for muzzle loader seasons.

There is absolutely no difference in pressure handling capabilities of a rifle loaded from the muzzle with a brass cartridge case in the breech & a CF rifle.

I think that Remington is just covering their butts (rightfully so) because some Yahoo that does not understand the vastly different world of smokeless powder pressure variations might cook up something that would blow the brass cartridge head out. It would be no different than reloading smokeless powder in fixed CF cartridges that have the same safety considerations.