Polar vortex?

deerpassion

I have heard from a couple of people about polar vortex in September. I assume it would not be as  severe as last January 7, but we would probably have a killing frost I Assume.  The fullmoon I believe will be around September 10.  Only time will tell !

Ch.4 in Buffalo weatherman Don Paul was making it sound like a blizzard was on its way when the "Polar Vortex" was doing its little cool down last month. I thought he was going to say crank the furnaces on overnite. And the low was only going to 50. All the hype with "Polar Vortex" trying to freak people out. I will look at the Farmers Almanac....LOL

Weather forecasts have moved from information reporting to the entertainment end of TV. Don't be taking these guys too seriously. I sometimes follow the extended forecasts of 7 to 10 days out. As the week progresses, you can watch every day past the 2nd one change completely such that what they were predicting  towards the end of their extended forecast almost always changes to completely opposite what they were saying. Just follow one of those extended versions on a daily basis and you will see that it means absolutely nothing. So when someone starts predicting any weather even in general trends that are a month or more out, I have learned that that is just some more of that entertainment and their desperate grab for TV ratings.

• Like 2

You all can have that snow in October, I have no desire to bow hunt in that wet slop.

I'll be hoping for some pleasantly comfortable days of sunshine in the 50's and 60's... and 70's!

It feels like we didn't melt out here until June, so I'm in no hurry to see that white crap anytime sooner than normal.

An early winter arrival this year, after a prolonged harsh winter last year, and late green-up this spring, could spell trouble for your herds heading into next season especially if soft mast is suffering in areas the way some here have already stated compared to last fall.

Early snows .... great for spotting deer and following blood trails. But then there is the slipping and sliding and trying to stay out of the ditch, and then trying to shoot my bow with 45 pounds of clothing choking off my full draw. And the shivering and shaking and miserable stand conditions. I'll tell you what .... 1" of snow will be fine, but don't be wishing our fall away .... lol. Frankly, I have been a bit concerned about the consistency of this cold and wet summer and the fact that nothing seems to be changing as we head toward winter.